Boost Supportive housing sites in your community
Jumpstart supportive housing (SH) development with the CSH Supportive Housing Institute (SHI) premier workshop experience. The SHI offers ten sessions that will outline practical steps toward a supportive housing development targeted to your population and community. Supportive housing development teams will complete the SHI with a detailed plan for development and management designed to successfully access funding.
What To Expect
- Individualized Technical Assistance
- Project Vision and Concept Development
- A Focus on Race Equity
- Services in Supportive Housing
- Building Community Support
- Budgeting and Property Management
- Building Design
- Tenant Leadership
How You Will Benefit
- Learn how to reduce the time needed to fund your project
- Increase skills in navigating a complex SH process
- Acquire a deep understanding of how to develop projects
- Gain a competitive edge
- Connect to a powerful network of peers and experts
- Develop a strong, effective development team that leverages the strengths of each member
Who Should Attend?
The CSH SHI is a team-oriented program best for groups in the beginning phases of a project.
It is perfect for:
- Housing Developers (nonprofit or for-profit)
- Service Providers
- Public Housing Authorities
- Property Management Agencies
- People with Lived Experience
- Jurisdictional and Other Funders
“In 2010, as our community came together to collectively work to end homelessness, CSH collaborated with several entities (NAC, VSUW, ADOH, COP, etc.) to deliver CSH’s Supportive Housing Institute. NAC credits our capacity and success, in part, to participation in CSH’s Supportive Housing Institute. Not only did NAC benefit from the expertise offered by CSH, but the community gained a common framework that still serves as a basis to address homelessness through housing.“Diana Yazzie Devine, MBA, CEO/President, Native American Connections (NAC)
We are a nonprofit leader dedicated to improving the lives of highly-impacted people through supportive housing, advocacy, and systems reform. The CSH housing models combine best practices and the latest developments in housing research while centering race equity in tenant services and incorporating the voice of those who previously experienced homelessness. Our team consists of experts on a broad range of community issues, hand-picked to serve you best. We’re passionate about ending homelessness and bringing our expertise to your community with sustainable, and quality supportive housing models. To learn more, visit www.csh.org.