Hennepin County’s (“County”) Housing and Redevelopment Authority, in partnership with the County Human Services and Public Health Department and the Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH), is excited to announce the creation of a Hennepin County Supportive Housing Predevelopment Loan Fund. This loan fund provides
· Up to $100,000 in pre-development financing to assist with the early-stage, up-front costs with development; and
· Tailored training and technical assistance with an emphasis on helping maintain ongoing services and operating costs
The goals of this loan fund are to:
1. Encourage and support developers to create & design supportive housing properties for two priority populations that are underserved in Hennepin County; and
2. Guide and promote the /creation of sustainable budgets that pay for ongoing services and operating costs for these underserviced populations
Due Date: Friday, November 11, 2022
Predevelopment loan amounts: The Hennepin County Supportive Housing Loan Fund will provide up to $100,000 in early-stage predevelopment financing to develop supportive housing focused on the two priority populations below.
1) People with complex medical conditions experiencing homelessness; and
2) People with intellectual/developmental disabilities struggling to find housing within the housing models available.
Training & technical assistance: Developments selected for this funding will also have access to training and technical assistance from CSH and NorthStar Policy Consulting .to promote quality and sustainable supportive housing with a focus on supportive services.
County operating and service sources: Additionally, funding for services and building operations may be available from the County to those developments selected for the County’s Supportive Housing Capital fund.