We have an exciting new opportunity. CSH is a part of the Housing Action AmeriCorps Network, an AmeriCorps VISTA program managed by Housing Action Illinois since 2010.
Approximately 10,000 households in Chicago are currently active in a homeless program. Unfortunately, there are not enough homeless services to meet the needs of the city. We are seeking a VISTA to build our capacity in laying the foundation for new supportive housing developments in Chicago.
This position will receive customized training, support, guidance, and networking opportunities, in addition to the traditional opportunities for AmeriCorps VISTA positions.
Outline of Application Process:
- All applicants must apply here: My AmeriCorps - Home Page
- Once selected for the interview, the first round will be with Housing Action Illinois.
- If selected to advance in the process, the second interview will be with the CSH Illinois Team.
This opportunity is funded by the Chicago Community Trust.
Location: Chicago, IL
Key Job Attributes:
- Receive customized training, support, guidance, and networking opportunities, in addition to the traditional opportunities for AmeriCorps VISTA positions.
- Facilitate supportive housing creation strategies through Chicago and the State of Illinois.
- Facilitate the Homeless Housing Expansion Initiative, a pre-review process that evaluates proposed supportive housing projects to ensure that they align with priorities set by the Chicago Continuum of Care.
- Provide training and support to projects as they develop and seek financing.
- Build our capacity in laying the foundation for new supportive housing developments in Chicago.
- Support key housing development strategies.
- Have passion and commitment to social justice and individual empowerment.
- Have strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understand institutional and structural racism and bias concepts and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities.
- Work well independently and within a team environment, including racially, ethnically, and socially diverse colleagues and external partners.
- Support outreach and feedback mechanisms for the 2022 and 2023 Supportive Housing Institutes.
- Use CSH developed tools to create financial modeling and needs assessment estimates for Chicago.
- Develop training and TA curriculum for projects.
- Managing the HHEI application process is an open “pre-application” for new housing projects seeking alignment with the Continuum of Care to pursue funding.
- Maintain and enhance pipeline tracking database.
- Tracking and reviewing applications for completeness and communicating with project sponsors, and maintaining contact with projects from proposal through the opening.