CSH is seeking a subcontractor, for approximately 12 months, to provide key support related to the Speak Up! Advocates program. The subcontractor will provide coordination and administrative support for the Speak UP! and Tenant Knowledge Exchange (Speak Up! Alumni) programs. Including oversight of facilitation and content delivery for trainings and consistency of tracking systems to inform reporting and budget reconciliation.
Coordination meetings and activities
Coordination and logistical support for extracurricular Speak Up! activities, including interfacing with partner agencies, matching advocates to speaking and engagement opportunities and supporting advocates by arranging transportation, stipends, prep coaching sessions, and follow ups. Participate in regularly scheduled team check in meetings.
Program Development and Advocate Support
In consultation with Program Manager, and advocates assist in expansion of alumni network and training. Refine advocate support system. Create procedures to ensure advocates are regularly engaged and continue to participate in advocacy opportunities. Identify and train alumni advocates interested in offering program support, including administrative, mentoring, etc.
Workshop Support/ Facilitation
Support monthly trainings by providing oversight and ensuring consistent agenda development, coordination of coaching sessions, and facilitation. Develop and deliver workshops covering storytelling, improvisation and social justice as necessary to augment speakers.
Expected Outcomes, Milestones, and Deliverables:
Deliverable 1: In collaboration with Program Manager, Oversee facilitation, coordination, and delivery of training content for 2 Speak Up! cohorts and quarterly external storytelling/advocacy opportunities.
Deliverable 2: Cultivate leadership skills of both alumni and volunteers through strategic planning and mentoring with a minimum of 2 advocates providing paid service to program including participation in Advisory Board.
Deliverable 3: Ensure consistency and integrity of program in alignment with established best practices of Speak Up! program.
An amount not to exceed $30,000 (approximately 25hr. per wk) is available for this project.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements:
To apply for this opportunity email Ann English at email@example.com on or before June 8, 2018.
Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work
- Experience with Speak UP! or other advocacy training targeting individuals with lived experience of homelessness
- Basic understanding of storytelling/narrative development as a tool for Empowerment and Advocacy.
- Demonstrated commitment to Homelessness Advocacy and Inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of partners and agencies
- Ability to practice cultural competency and serve as a role model in community.
- Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services
- Familiarity with Los Angeles Housing and Homelessness Systems.
- Experience in professional and creative writing, journalism, and storytelling highly valued.
- Special consideration will be given to small, disadvantaged, minority, women-owned or lived experience involved businesses/individuals.
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments or other preclusions on doing business with (either directly or indirectly) with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract.