CSH is seeking a subcontractor to provide expertise in analysis and strategic planning related to Medicaid Managed Care Organization funding for housing-related services, rental subsidies, tenancy supports, and/or infrastructure investments for high need individuals experiencing homelessness. The subcontractor will provide expertise and document review to inform strategic planning, governance, and financial modeling for a Chicago and Cook County Flexible Housing Pool (FHP). A new fund is being created that will include combined public and private funding for rental subsidies and housing tenancy supports. The subcontractor will provide expertise to inform the FHP Planning Leadership Team on issues pertaining to potential health plan investment in the fund.
The work will include informing the financial models the FHP leadership team is creating as well as making recommendations and providing guidance on governance structure and program agreements.
- Attend FHP meetings per an agreed upon schedule.
- Provide strategic guidance to inform governance, financial modeling, and program agreements of FHP.
- Create documents or tools, gather data, and compile information as needed in order to complete the deliverables outlined below.
Deliverable 1: Review financial modeling products and provide guidance specific to potential concerns, opportunities, and interests of hospitals that would be potential investors.
Deliverable 2: Prepare a summary report or document that includes the recommendations, potential barriers, and opportunity areas specific to hospital investment in a new FHP.
Deliverable 3: Create a sell sheet or terms of participation that could be a takeaway for health plants, ensuing linkage to the Illinois MCO contracts.
An amount not to exceed $2750 is available for this project in calendar year 2018. Through the contracting process, specific tasks and dates for deliverables will be identified and agreed upon.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements:
To apply for this opportunity email Julie Nelson indicating your interest and qualifications at Julie.email@example.com by 5 pm, December 19th. Applicants may apply for both subcontracting opportunities related to the Flexible Housing Pool. Upon review of vendor applications, CSH will meet with the selected and best qualified vendor in order to provide additional information. The selected vendor will then have the opportunity to submit a formal proposal for the scope of work.
Applications may be submitted in any format the respondent chooses to use. Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work
- Relevant project work specific to housing as a health care intervention or hospital collaborations and partnerships addressing social determinants of health.
- Experience and expertise in population health and/or inappropriate hospital utilization due to homelessness or unstable housing and the resulting financial and outcome impacts on hospitals
- Experience and expertise specific to hospital community benefits
- Experience and capacity to act as a liaison and convene key Chicago and Cook County hospital leadership, including membership associations
- Years of relevant experience
- Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services
- Special consideration will be given to small, disadvantaged, minority or women-owned businesses
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. If you have questions regarding this requirement, please contact Julie Nelson. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract.