Who we are:
For over 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families and communities. We have also created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and our goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-live balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting exceptional candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for an Operations and Program Coordinator to join our team. This position is located in Hartford, CT. The role is partly remote until we resume full in-person staffing. The expectation is you will work on-site a minimum of 2-days per week (e.g. Mon/Wed) to help manage office needs post-COVID.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a creative, curious, detail-oriented, and self-motivated administrative professional to perform a wide array of administrative, programmatic, and operational activities in support of CSH. This is a dynamic and critical role that is primarily virtually with some in-person interactions. You will enjoy working with a variety of CSHers and external stakeholders across the Eastern Region and our organization.
What you will do:
Office and in-person based support
- Maintain all aspects of the physical offices in the Eastern Region including landlord relationships, office vendors, managing supplies and equipment; deliveries and mail, equipment and maintenance needs, and providing on-site support when needed.
- Provide baseline core administrative and operational support and troubleshooting to all assigned teams, be their go-to first-resource for help and support with questions regarding their offices, equipment, supplies, meeting space needs, and meeting space requests.
Financial Based Support
- Facilitate vendor payments, bridge billing and invoicing between program, consultants, and our finance team, create forms, files, invoices, and vendor bills, gift card management, and other payment using software applications such as DocuSign, CSH’s Enterprise Resource Management, and other IT infrastructure.
- Assist teams with financial compliance including completing expense and time keeping reports; monthly account reconciliation, contractor and subcontractor support, and tracking check requests and disbursements.
- Support Directors in managing files, vendors, consultant contracts, and monitoring financials.
Systems and Technology
- Serve as an extension of our IT Team by helping manage inventory, and ordering and returning equipment.
- Be a “super-user” on core software systems to help troubleshoot, train, support, and assist staff with software and hardware support.
- In coordination with headquarters staff manage equipment purchases/leases and vendor relationships, maintenance of the computer network, phone system, and other office systems.
- Set-up and coordinate telephone, videoconferences, Zoom meetings and or webinars, and face-to-face meetings.
Program and Project Support
- Assist with and coordinate data collection, produce webinars, and assist with content development and editing.
- Develop tools and training to support successful project management and time management practices for CSH.
- Provide administrative support to staff on specific projects that may include data entry, data analysis, creating graphs and charts, assembling and editing materials, and maintaining a library of information.
- Assist with reporting, and maintenance of organization wide databases.
Event Planning and Logistics
- Create, send and manage invitations and event bookings, RSVPs for trainings, workshops and other events.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of training curricula and materials.
- Logistical, meal and travel needs for meetings and events including managing vendor contracts, site relationships, and registration.
What you will bring:
All are passionate about our mission and our commitment to racial equity. We are seeking a high performer with:
- Minimum 3 years of office management experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency and acumen in a variety of software applications including Microsoft environment using Word, Access, Excel and Outlook, PowerPoint. Experience using databases or other tools like NetSuite, DocuSign, SharePoint, or Zoom a plus.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented is a must with an ability to track inventory, data, and people.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including people of various races and ethnicities.
- With guidance from your supervisor and growing independence, demonstrate an ability to take initiative, effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- Must be able to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive materials and information.
- Familiarity with and/or interest in issues related to supportive housing including homelessness, affordable housing, community development, social service delivery, etc. a plus.
- PACE certification a plus
- Occasional travel to training or team meetings.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries based on geographic location. Our Coordinator range in a mid-market location (i.e. Connecticut) is $48,000 - $60,000. Our ranges are broad and it is customary for candidates to join CSH at the lower half of the range to leave room for growth, learning, and development in the role and range. We negotiate actual salaries with final candidates based on their exact location, experience in similar roles and expertise related to the qualifications. This information is offered in support of our commitment to transparency.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates who apply by February 28 will be assured consideration. All candidates should attach their Resume and Cover Letter as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer