Who we are:
For over 30 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country by:
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery, and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave, and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for an Associate Program Manager (APM) with our Los Angeles, CA team.
Why we need you:
We are seeking a highly organized, detail-oriented individual with a passion for CSH’s mission to support the groundbreaking Speak Up! Program. Speak Up! provides 10 months of initial training as well as ongoing opportunities in the community to support individuals with lived experience of homelessness, to educate the public and policymakers, and to engage in the systems that have impacted them.
Speak Up! is a model of leadership development that employs trauma-informed principles, ethical storytelling, and social justice narratives to create a community of People with Lived Experience and Storytelling Volunteers to support systems change. The Speak Up! LA program currently operates two staggered training cohorts as well as the Tenant Knowledge Exchange (TKE), which is comprised of alumni graduates from the eight years of Speak Up! programs. This position will join our talented staff based in our downtown Los Angeles office, but all CSH staff, and this position, will work remotely during the COVID pandemic.
What you will do:
Under the supervision of the Los Angeles Program Director and day-to-day direction of the Speak Up! Senior Program Manager, you will provide support in coordinating all elements of the Speak Up! Program operations, including the following:
- Maintain streamlined systems and ensure consistent collection of data for tracking attendance, budgets, stipends, speaking, and leadership activities, both internally and externally and provide regular reports to SPM.
- With the support of the SPM, act as liaison with participants, volunteers, and community partners to ensure appropriate supports are available and implemented per Speak Up! standards.
- Lead ongoing recruitment of participants and volunteers to meet needs of program capacity and diversity.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with providers and system partners to ensure effective alignment with Speak Up! model and adequate support for advocates in cohorts and in TKE activities.
- Coordinate and support monthly workshops including scheduling trainers, agenda development, and participant reminders.
- Provide oversight for advocacy engagements. Coordinate, track, and ensure completion of supporting documentation for the program, workshops, advisory and alumni meetings, coaching sessions, and all other leadership/program activities including speaking engagements and legislative visits. Provide logistical and technology support to Speak Up! participants and Tenant Knowledge Exchange Advisory Council and General Membership.
- Lead logistical coordination of twice-yearly completion events to celebrate and promote the accomplishments of the Speak Up! graduates.
- Manage time and deliverables to budget; be a conscientious steward of CSH resources.
- Support and contribute to the development of Speak Up! program and activities, ensuring participant-centered and trauma-informed principles are prioritized.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. Our core strengths include project management and strong communications. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect.
Specifically, we are seeking:
- Strong organizational skills, demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize, with active attention to detail and focus.
- High school degree or equivalent, or any combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Direct service or volunteer experience with vulnerable populations and working knowledge of a client-centered approach is preferred.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively connect with diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socially diverse communities.
- Commitment to advance and realize CSH’s vision and further enhance the organization’s reputation in the communities that it serves.
- Previous project management experience with ability to manage to deliverables, budget, and deadlines.
- Ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment, and work cooperatively to meet internal and external requests.
- Proven ability to work with diverse colleagues and external audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socially diverse partners in an organized and customer-service orientated approach.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive materials and information.
- Command and proficiency using Windows-based applications and other technology solutions.
- Willing and able to travel when pandemic restrictions are lifted. Travel schedule will vary based on assignments.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for CSH’s APM position in an average cost location is $52,000 - $55,000. Salary offers will be based on where the candidate works and the candidate’s experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter, and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer