CSH is seeking an expert consultant to assist in creating a cohesive organizing framework that will help shape the City’s response to the homelessness and housing crisis. The consultant will work with CSH and the Los Angeles Housing Department (LAHD), along with other project partners to collect and synthesize current plans, system-level data and other information and incorporate the findings into an actionable report. The consultant will also help direct and manage the project toward completion. The framework is proposed as a comprehensive action plan across the full spectrum of needs focused on four components (Prevention; Street Engagement; Immediate Shelter & Interim Housing; and Affordable & Supportive Housing). The framework will also propose goals for investment and goals for production or programs in each of the four areas over a specified time frame.
- Collect, verify and integrate the data for the cost analyses and resource gaps analysis summaries related to the four primary components,
- Identify gaps in resource analysis and work with CSH and LAHD to locate appropriate information,
- Participate in planning meetings with CSH and partners to determine details and tasks toward the creation of the framework,
- Provide weekly status reports until the conclusion of the project,
- Draft actionable framework reports that incorporates LAHD, CSH, and other stakeholder input.
Expected Outcomes, Milestones, and Deliverables:
- Deliverable 1: Draft written report, including investment plan, along with a presentation on resource gaps analysis
- Deliverable 2: Final written report incorporating stakeholder input
An amount not to exceed $20,000 is available for this project.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements:
To apply for this opportunity, please email David Howden at email@example.com on or before September 7, 2021, with a minimum of two pages and no more than five pages outlining the information below. Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Suggested approach in addressing goals outlined above
- Demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work
- Relevant project work
- Experience and expertise
- Years of relevant experience
- Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services
- Special consideration will be given to small, disadvantaged, minority, or women-owned businesses
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance and commercial general liability insurance (CGL) while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public entity.