CSH is proud to present its first new offering as part of the Supportive Housing Training Center: a new e-class entitled “Understanding Medicaid: A Primer for Homeless Assistance Providers.” This 75-minute e-class will be capped at 30 students to maximize participation opportunities. E-classes are
- Interactive: Students will be engaging with their other students, the presenters, and/or on-screen activities every few minutes. Students should come prepared to be active – this is not your average webinar!
- Activity-Driven: Activities are focused on helping students understand, apply, engage with, and retain the class content.
- Expert Led: Each class is led by subject matter experts with a deep understanding of the material who can respond to questions quickly and effectively.
This first e-class will provide homeless assistance providers with basic information on the Medicaid program and help participants better understand the changes to the program resulting from the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Activities within the class will help agencies understand the things they must consider before becoming a Medicaid billing entity and models for partnering with Medicaid billing entities. The lead presenters will be Peggy Bailey, Senior Policy Advisor at CSH, and Terri Power, Senior Program Manager at CSH. Students can expect to walk away with the following skills:
• Ability to articulate how Medicaid has changed as a result of ACA
• Ability to summarize emerging models being used to maximize Medicaid reimbursement for housing services
• Ability to develop a recommendation for their agency on whether or not to become a Medicaid billing entity
Students may choose between two different sessions of the same class (content will be identical). Each student registration is $50. Register today using these links:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We’re excited to see you in class!