CSH is pleased to announce the 2014 Supportive Housing Academy will take place in Chicago from May 12 - 16, 2014. This Academy provides an intensive training on creating new supportive housing projects by encompassing financing, development partnerships, policy, and service design. The Academy condenses the key components of the national and newly updated CSH Dimensions of Quality Supportive Housing Institute into five days of training. Academy participants will also be offered follow-up technical assistance.
Supportive Housing Academy Goals:
- Empower agencies to identify the building blocks of sound projects that are positioned to access public and private dollars;
- Create solid project partnerships with staying power and the skills needed to develop and operate supportive housing;
- Increase the number of units effectively serving individuals and families in need of Supportive Housing;
- Develop an array of housing options including new construction, rehabilitation of single-site projects and scattered-site models
Who Should Attend?
Teams may range from established providers or developers to those who are not familiar with the nuances of the Supportive Housing development process. The Academy targets:
- Existing Supportive Housing providers who are interested in expanding their current activities to new SH models;
- New staff from organizations who have previously attended CSH Supportive Housing Training sessions;
- Affordable housing developers and private market landlords wanting to expand their portfolio to include Supportive Housing; and
- Government officials who are considering funding or creating new Supportive Housing in their communities
Please click here to learn more and register.
Location: University Center Conference Chicago, 525 S. State Street, Chicago, IL
Contact Betsy Benito with questions at betsy.benito@cshorg or 312-332-6690 ext. 14