CSH Supports the California Homes & Jobs Act
Everyone in California needs a safe and affordable place to call home. Rents and mortgages within the reach of working families is critical to maintaining California’s business competitiveness. By working together to pass SB 391 we can build safe and affordable single-family homes and apartments for Californians in need, including families, seniors, veterans, people with disabilities, and people experiencing homelessness. A safe, secure home is essential for all Californians to live with dignity and safety; it is essential for children to succeed in school and in life. CSH, along with the bill sponsors Housing California and the California Housing Consortium continue to urge the passage of the bill this year.
Please click here for more information about the California Homes and Jobs Act of 2013.
The California Homes and Jobs Act of 2013 will:
- Create 29,000 jobs annually, primarily in the beleaguered construction sector.
- Help businesses attract and retain the talent that fuels California’s economy.
- Generate an estimated $500 million in state investment and leverage an additional $2.78 billion in federal and local funding and bank loans to build affordable homes and create jobs.
- Deploy these dollars in California communities through a successful private/public partnership model.
- Get California building again to create affordable home options for all Californians.
To learn more about CSH and the California Homes and Jobs Act of 2013, and other California state policy priorities please contact Sharon Rapport, Associate Director, California Policy, or call (213) 623-4342, ext. 18.