CSH is seeking proposals from qualified firms or individuals to provide professional event management services for our signature event, the CSH Summit 2023 in Philadelphia, May 31 – June 2. The consultant will manage the hotel contract for CSH, working alongside our Summit team to deliver a successful conference. Our ideal consultant will be organized, dynamic, detail-oriented, and a talented negotiator.
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The consultant will serve as a liaison between the hotel and the CSH Summit planning team. The consultant will work with a pre-negotiated and signed hotel contract to help CSH stay on budget and deliver the best conference experience to CSH Summit attendees.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Identifying AV needs and negotiating fees/contract for AV services
- Managing the hotel room block at the Marriott Philadelphia Downtown
- Manage the master rooming list
- Managing participant registration sales and sales customer service using CSH’s designated event platform
- Ordering food and beverage for the event
- Assigning rooms and set ups for sessions
- Securing spaces for special meetings both onsite and offsite
- Reviewing Banquet Event Orders (BEO)
- Liaison between exhibitors and the hotel to set up exhibit space in the lobby for four external exhibitors and up to ten internal tables.
- On-site management and troubleshooting with hotel team for the full three days of the conference
The consultant will be expected to join hour-long planning team meetings every other week for , and meet periodically with the conference organizers. CSH Summit 2023 is taking place at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, May 31-June 2. The consultant will be expected to be onsite May 30-June 2. The CSH Summit was an annual national conference. The conference was held online in 2020. This will be the first in-person CSH Summit since 2019. The expected attendance is 850 people.
ABOUT THE CSH AND THE CSH SUMMIT
Founded in 1991, CSH’s mission is to advance solutions that use housing as a platform for services to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people, maximize public resources and build healthy communities. Our work stems from our fundamental belief that supportive housing—affordable housing combined with services—is the solution to ending homelessness for those individuals who face the most complex challenges, such as physical and behavioral health conditions and substance use disorders.
The CSH Summit is a national conference dedicated to supportive housing—an intervention that combines affordable housing and supportive services to help people who face the most complex challenges. The CSH Summit attracts around 900 participants each year for three days of interactive workshops, plenaries, and networking opportunities. The conference includes over fifty sessions, a special storytelling event, and site visits to local supportive housing projects.
PROPOSAL SUBMISSION AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Please submit a proposal of no more than 3 pages to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 28, 2022.
Proposals should include:
- Budget summary and narrative
- Narrative highlighting the expertise that the firm/individual would bring to this role
- Examples of past experiences providing similar expertise
Special consideration will be given to proposals that demonstrate experience working with non-profits, are minority and/or woman owned, and include people with lived experience of homelessness and/or supportive housing in leadership positions. CSH may ask for references during the selection process.
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing businesses with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connections with a public contract or subcontract.