Through a grant from the Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA), the Corporation for Supportive Housing (CSH) is seeking to engage several consultants who are dually certified as Certified Recovery Specialists/Community Health Workers (CRS/CHWs) in Indiana to participate as part of a training team to deliver the Indiana Homelessness and Housing Certificate Training. The training will be delivered virtually and in-person to dually certified CRS/CHWs in Indiana who are interested in learning more about the homelessness system and how to access affordable and supportive housing for individuals they are serving.
- CSH and the consultant will deliver a training curriculum developed by the CSH Training Center. The training may be delivered either virtually or in-person over two half-days totaling 8 hours of content.
- The consultant will become familiar with the overall training content and master the delivery of specific content.
- Content includes 4 major topic areas:
- Navigating the Homeless System
- Understanding Housing Programs and Accessing Housing
- Supporting the Transition to Housing
- Tenancy Support – Working to Promote Housing Stability
- The consultant will use their lived expertise to enhance and elevate the overall training experience.
Expected Outcomes, Milestones, and Deliverables:
- Be available for at least two to three training sessions between August 1, 2022, and March 31, 2023.
- Prepare for and deliver assigned content by established timelines.
The selected consultant will have the following skill-sets:
- Experience and desire to be part of and work with racially diverse people and communities.
- Understands the value of continuing education, training and ongoing learning
- Demonstrated experience setting and meeting deadlines.
- Commitment to homelessness advocacy and inclusion.
The activities are to be funded by a grant from the Division of Mental Health and Addiction (DMHA). This position requires a commitment from July 2022 through March 2023, funding permitting. An amount not to exceed $20,000 is available under this RFP to be shared among qualified and selected applicants.
Application Process, Due Date and Vendor Requirements:
To apply for this opportunity, please submit qualifications, project approach and consulting rate information to Hillary Williams at Hillary.email@example.com on or before Monday, July 18. Prior to selection, applicants may be asked to participate in an interview.
- Please provide certification documentation for dual CRS/CHW in Indiana.
- Please share examples of volunteer or paid work performed that demonstrates experience and expertise with participating on committees, boards and/or facilitating or providing trainings.
- Please confirm access to high-speed internet and a lap-top or tablet that supports Zoom and Teams.
- Project Approach: Please share how experiences you have had prepare you to do this type of training.
- Budget: Please submit your hourly rate for the project. Selected consultants will be paid based on agreed-upon hours for preparation and training delivery.
- Provide any other information that would be important for CSH to have in consideration of the submission.
- The total application package should not exceed four pages.
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers' compensation insurance and Commercial General Liability (CGL) insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. If you are interested in the opportunity and do not carry the insurance listed above, please contact us so we can discuss additional options. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract. Should you have any questions concerning these requirements, please contact Hillary Williams at Hillary.firstname.lastname@example.org.