CSH is seeking proposals for qualified firms or individuals to provide professional event management services for our signature event, the CSH Summit 2020. Ideal consultant will be organized, dynamic, detail-oriented, and a talented negotiator.
The consultant will manage the hotel contract for CSH, working alongside our Summit team to create a successful conference. The CSH Summit 2020 is taking place at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, May 27-29. The average number of attendees for the CSH Summit over the past three years has been 900 people.
Scope of Services
The consultant will serve as a liaison between the hotel and the CSH Summit planning team. The consultant will work with a pre-negotiated and signed hotel contract to help CSH stay on budget and deliver the best conference experience to CSH Summit attendees.
Tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Hotel contract management for the Summit
- Negotiating the audio visual (AV) contract
- Managing the hotel room block
- Helping with the master rooming list management
- Ordering food and beverage for the event
- Assigning rooms and managing room set ups for sessions
- Securing space for special meetings both onsite and offsite
- Reviewing banquet event orders (BEOs)
- Liaison between exhibitors and the hotel to set up exhibit space in the lobby for four external exhibitors and up to ten internal tables
- On-site management and troubleshooting for the full three days of the conference
- Ensuring all tasks above stay within the budget for the event
Registration logistics and website are not included in this scope of work.
The consultant will be expected to join hour-long planning team meetings every other week for 20 weeks, and meet periodically with the project manager. The consultant will be expected to be onsite May 26-29.
About the CSH and the CSH Summit
Founded in 1991, CSH’s mission is to advance solutions that use housing as a platform for services to improve the lives of the most vulnerable people, maximize public resources and build healthy communities. Our work stems from our fundamental belief that supportive housing—affordable housing combined with services—is the solution to ending homelessness for those individuals who face the most complex challenges, such as physical and behavioral health conditions and substance use disorders. Read more about CSH online at csh.org.
The CSH Summit is a national conference dedicated to supportive housing—an intervention that combines affordable housing and supportive services to help people who face the most complex challenges. The CSH Summit attracts around 900 participants each year for three days of interactive workshops, plenaries, and networking opportunities. The conference includes over fifty sessions, special evening events, and site visits to local supportive housing projects.
Proposal Submission and Minimum Qualifications
Please submit a short (2-page) proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1. Proposals should include:
- Narrative highlighting:
- the expertise of the firm/individual
- experience with events of this size
- examples of prior successful engagements
- Proposed budget including hourly and/or day rates, travel, and time
- 3 references that can speak to previous, similar work
The event planner can be located anywhere in the United States. Special consideration will be given to proposals that demonstrate an experience working with nonprofits.
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing businesses with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connections with a public contract or subcontract.