Submission Deadline – 5:00pm ET, Thursday, January 31, 2019
CSH (Corporation for Supportive Housing), a national nonprofit organization with main offices in New York City, Chicago and Los Angeles, is issuing this Request for Qualifications (RFQ) for comprehensive graphic design services.
Questions regarding this RFQ should be directed to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm ET on Friday, January 25, 2019. Responses to all questions will be sent via email within 2 days during regular business hours.
Electronic submissions of information are required and must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org with “RFQ Submission for Graphic Design Services” in the subject line.
With this Request for Qualifications (RFQ), CSH seeks to acquire the services of a qualified graphic designer or graphic design firm to support our marketing plan for 2019 and 2020. CSH invites information from interested professionals or agencies with experience in graphic design. Preference will be given to persons or agencies providing a broad range of in-house capabilities and services. Further subcontracting this award by the successful candidate is highly discouraged.
Submitters must follow exactly, and be responsive to, ALL requirements of this RFQ. It is the submitter’s responsibility to provide specified information in the required form and format. Submissions that are not in the required form and format will not be considered.
The contract period specific to the selection made as a result of this RFQ process will be from March 1, 2019, through February 29, 2020. Based on performance, the contract may be extended without further solicitations for information or bids. Details pertaining to a contract extension are to be determined by CSH in early 2020.
CSH has been the national leader in supportive housing for over 27 years. We have worked in 48 states and over 300 communities to create homes for individuals and families – housing that has transformed the lives of 210,000 people who once lived in abject poverty, on our streets or in institutions. A nonprofit Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), CSH has earned a reputation as a highly effective, financially stable organization, with strong partnerships across government, community organizations, foundations, and financial institutions. Through our financing resources, knowledge and trainings, CSH is advancing innovative solutions that use supportive housing as a platform for services to improve lives, maximize public resources, build healthy communities and break the cycle of intergenerational policy. Visit us at www.csh.org to learn more.
Year of Incorporation 1991 (501c3)
Number of Employees 155
Annual Budget of CSH $40 MM
Project Budget $100k – 125k
Contract Duration 1 year, possible extension; Begins March 1, 2019
Contract End February 29, 2020
CSH Goals for RFQ Award
Working in collaboration with the CSH Marketing and Communications Unit Team at CSH, the graphic design specialist(s) will work toward and measure efforts against the following goals:
- Drive quality high-level graphic design for CSH materials, including electronic and print products
- Increase CSH graphic design assets
- Help build greater industry awareness of CSH products, programs and custom solutions, and position CSH as an innovator and thought leader in the space
Scope of Work
Our scope of work will include the following:
- Serve as CSH’s graphic design specialist(s) for the development and implementation of marketing materials
- Help create quarterly planning objectives and reporting, ensuring products are managed on brand and on budget, and accountable to key performance indicators (KPIs) established by CSH in its marketing plan
Marketing Materials and Public Relations
- Provide advice on graphic design and content development for digital, print, and collateral material, as requested
- Provide strategic campaign support, including planning, development, and execution; multi-channel outreach; and material development
- Provide access to graphic assets such as video and photographic imagery
RFQ Requirements (the minimum requirements)
For ease and efficiency of review, CSH has specified the numbering protocol below for submitters. Please follow this numbering protocol exactly, and do not re-number, insert numbers, or otherwise modify the sequence. Responses that do not follow this numbering order will not be considered.
- Name of the business, contact person, and contact information: Provide address, telephone, mobile telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, and web address, as applicable
- Statement of ownership: Describe the type of business entity (sole proprietorship, corporation, LLC, or other), and list the majority and minority owner
- Provide a brief description of yourself or your firm, including founding and history; number of employees; service areas; and, awards or other forms of recognition.
- Special consideration: Describe your experience with and knowledge of graphic design and the development of marketing materials distributed to large groups/organizations/associations in the affordable and or supportive housing fields
- Special consideration: Describe why and how your firm is uniquely positioned to serve as CSH’s graphic design specialist(s)
Experience and ability to perform this work
- Provide examples of relevant work and / or portfolios or case studies (websites are acceptable examples if they include a wide array of your work product and are accessible)
- Provide a minimum of three (3) client references
- Provide a list of in-house personnel who would be assigned to CSH work, along with their credentials and experience
Budget and Rates
- Provide a schedule of fees (based on this one-year contract) for all relevant services described in the Scope of Work including any retainer fees, hourly charges and extra rates applied under any circumstances (do not omit any of the fees or rates you charge)
Please follow exactly the requirements for the responses noted above. It is the responsibility of submitters to provide all required materials in the required form and format. Responses that are not in the required form and format will not be considered.
Evaluation of Submissions
Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria, but not necessarily in this order:
• In-house capabilities and demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work
• Relevant project work specific to this RFQ announcement
• Experience and expertise, including years of relevant experience
• Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services
• Special consideration will be given to small, disadvantaged, minority or women-owned businesses
Individual questions regarding this RFQ will be responded to only as follows: Questions regarding requirements and scope of work will be accepted up to 5:00pm ET Friday, January 25, 2019 via email only to email@example.com. Answers to all questions received by this deadline will be sent via email. Telephone calls, faxes and/or requests for a solicitation will not be accepted or acknowledged by CSH.
CSH reserves the right to alter the timing of the start of any work described above, to not proceed with some or all of the work, and to contract with more than one vendor for services described within this RFQ.
CSH reserves the right not to award a contract for this RFQ, and will not reimburse the cost incurred by submitters responding to this notice.
Anticipated Review & Selection Schedule
RFQ Distributed January 9, 2019
Question & Answer Period January 9 – 25, 2019
Proposal Due Date January 31, 2019
Interviews February 1 – 8, 2019
Contractor Selection February 15, 2019
Commencement of Contract March 1, 2019; Possibility of extension
End of Contract February 29, 2020
Protocols for Preparing & Delivering Responses to this RFQ
Submissions for this RFQ must be delivered electronically to CSH by 5:00pm ET on Thursday, January 31, 2019. Information submitted after 5:00 pm ET on that date will not be accepted.
Information must be submitted electronically via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “RFQ Submission for Graphic Design Services” in the subject line.
Submissions should consist of one (1) PDF document containing all of the requested information in the same order as the numbered “RFQ Requirements” listed above.
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract.
If you have questions regarding this specific requirement, please contact Robert Friant at email@example.com.
CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract.
CSH is an equal opportunity employer, and maintains these principles in its processes for awarding subcontracts.