CSH is seeking an Illinois based subcontractor to support developing culturally appropriate information and resources in Spanish for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, focused on the needs of youth with disabilities transitioning to adult systems.
Planned activities and Deliverables:
- Communicate with CSH staff regularly for progress check ins and status updates.
- Gather all the content, information, and resources that will be made available online by designated organizations. Information is focused on Understanding and Accessing Adult Supports. Include information and resources on accessing supportive housing ( as provided by CSH) to be included for all systems as well. Information to be provided in Spanish and meet accessibility needs including low reading level and visual accessibility.
- Mental Health Services and Support
- IDD Services and Support
- Adult Services for Persons needing Support Services for Physical Challenges
- Create a strategy document outlining recommendations and next steps for disseminating this information statewide for the Spanish speaking community.
- Identify and support individuals in being in a video on supportive housing for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities living in supportive housing. The purpose of the videos is to show individuals living successfully with supports in their own homes, or with an individual they have chosen outside the parent home. The videos are intended to capture the self-advocate as well as parent perspective. Required activities include
- Identifying a location for the video, including someone’s home, who lives in supportive housing
- Identifying video participants. Must be at least one self-advocate and one parent of a self-advocate. Individuals don’t have to be related.
- All video participants must be native Spanish speakers.
- Provide transcription in Spanish and English of the final edited videos.
- Translate identified supportive housing educational resources into Spanish. This includes powerpoints, handouts, and video closed captioning.
- Provide a summary document outlining all steps taken to successfully complete #2. This would be a tool to replicate this work with other language and communities.
An amount not to exceed $5,000 in total in FY 18 is available for this project. Through the contracting process, specific dates for deliverables will be identified and agreed upon.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements:
To apply for this opportunity email a letter of interest summarizing qualifications to Julie Nelson at Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 12 pm, February 23, 2018.
Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work
- Relevant project work
- Experience and expertise
- Years of relevant experience
- Special consideration will be given to small, disadvantaged, minority or women-owned businesses
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract.