- The Housing is Infrastructure Act of 2021 would address our national eviction and homelessness crises, increase access to homeownership, and support a robust recovery from the pandemic by creating jobs, addressing climate change, and improving housing stability for struggling households.
- The Ending Homelessness Act of 2021 would end homelessness and significantly reduce poverty in America by transforming the Housing Choice Voucher program into a federal entitlement, so that every household who qualifies for assistance would receive it.
- The Better Care Better Jobs Act as written now would --
- Increase Medicaid funding for Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS)
- Increase funding to improve administration and build program capacity
- Make Money Follows the Person Rebalancing Demonstration permanent
The Act should be enhanced to include:
- Housing stabilization services and related service coordination
- Expanded eligibility to include people experiencing chronic homelessness and people in institutional settings outside of the health care system
- A broader definition of “inpatient facility” that includes people in institutional settings outside of the health care system
- Grant set-asides for building the capacity of community-based care providers to participate in Medicaid HCBS
- Exemptions from layering federal match for states with high rates of homelessness
- Culturally competent service delivery
- Inclusion of Administration for Children and Families and the US Interagency Council on Homelessness (USICH) in the proposed agency collaborative
Take Action Now
- I support Chairwoman @RepMaxineWaters' legislation that will improve the affordability of housing, reduce the racial wealth gap, and end homelessness: 👷🏽♀️The #HousingIsInfrastructure Act of 2021, 🏡The #EndingHomelessness Act of 2021 The Downpayment Toward Equity Act of 2021
- I support @RepMaxineWaters' #HousingIsInfrastructure Act of 2021 to address the needs of: 🏡580,000+ people experiencing homelessness, 💸10.5+ million households paying over 50% of income on rent, 🔑20+ million mortgage-ready individuals locked out of their dream of homeownership
- The pandemic has exacerbated the U.S. affordable housing crisis, leaving too many people on the brink of eviction, foreclosure, and homelessness. Chairwoman @RepMaxineWaters has led the fight in Congress for years and now is the time. #HousingIsInfrastructure #EndHomelessness
- Over 580,000 people are experiencing homelessness in the U.S. and 62% are Black and Latinx. @RepMaxineWaters' #EndingHomelessness Act of 2021 would provide expanded rental assistance to everyone family that needs it and would ban ongoing housing discrimination.
- The #HousingIsInfrastructure Act of 2021, would provide over $600B in critical affordable housing investments for: 🏡Public Housing, 🏡Creation and Preservation of Affordable Housing, 🏡Community Development and Affordability, 🏡Building Upgrades, 🏡Homeownership 🏡Equity
- The pandemic has exacerbated America’s affordable housing crisis, leaving far too many people on the brink of eviction or foreclosure, and in worst cases, experiencing homelessness. #HousingIsInfrastructure #EndHomelessness
Sample Facebook Posts
- The pandemic has exacerbated the U.S. affordable housing crisis, leaving too many people on the brink of eviction, foreclosure, and homelessness. Now is our chance to protect American families by raising our voice and asking our senators to pass the #HousingIsInfrastructure Act of 2021, The #EndingHomelessness Act of 2021 and The Downpayment Toward Equity Act of 2021.
Join me in taking action! Learn more by visiting: Please ask your Senator to cosponsor and support the following legislation by July 31: - CSH
- Housing is a human right, and for far too long, we have neglected the needs of tens of thousands of American families in need of assistance. Chairwoman @MaxineWaters is leading the fight in Congress. Now is the time to support her.
- We can all agree that #HousingisInfrastructure. A comprehensive infrastructure package should include funding to #EndHomelessness. Reach out to your senators today and ask them to cosponsor the #EndingHomelessness Act of 2021, which would provide expanded rental assistance to families that need support and would ban ongoing housing discrimination.
American families are in need, and we have waited long enough. Take action today: Please ask your Senator to cosponsor and support the following legislation by July 31: - CSH