East Coast or Midwest preferred
Who we are:
For over 30 years CSH has changed the lives of individuals, families, and communities by:
- Helping communities create over 335,000 of accessible, affordable supportive homes;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have created a team of nationally recognized experts who are dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and paid time off, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting exceptional candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to get the job done CSH is accepting applications for a new Recruiter to join our Human Resources Team. Preferred work locations include cities in the Eastern or Central Time zones near a major US airport.
What you will do:
- Support, facilitate, and lead all phases of the recruitment process.
- Help streamline and improve our recruiting and hiring process.
- Collaborate with hiring managers to draft job descriptions that align with position qualifications and organizational competencies.
- Identify and implement recruiting methods and strategies based on new trends and industry standards and the unique needs of CSH’s workforce.
- Screen applicants and participate in the interview process. We will help train and support you to understand the talent and experience that make CSHers the amazing and awesome professionals we are!
- Assist with the administrative functions of recruiting such as scheduling interviews and advertising vacancies.
- Collaborate with the HR Director to support a robust internship program.
- Oversee and manage the preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials, including anti-bias training for hiring managers and interviewers, interview debriefings, scenarios, and writing samples.
- Collaborate with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the hiring process, including references, identifying and recommending salary ranges, start dates, and other pertinent details.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In every element of recruiting, we seek a leader who will integrate an equity focus in each part of the recruiting process.
- Deliver high-quality customer service to hiring managers and candidates.
- Collaborate with our Communications Department to leverage social media and employer brand in order to attract top talent.
What is Required:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectation of this role to help shape how we share our ambitious mission. Specifically, we are seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field preferred. We recognize experience occurs in many ways and we accept lived experienced or professional experience in lieu of education.
- At least five years of high-volume and full life cycle recruiting, highly preferred.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including business writing, the ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
- Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
- Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
- Excellent work management skills with a proven ability to meet competing and multiple deadlines and deliverables
- Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
- Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems, particularly Cornerstone.
- CSH uses the Microsoft Office Suite software environment. Candidates should come proficient or be committed to become proficient upon hire.
- This position can be remote. Occasional local, regional, and/or national travel required (when it is safe to do so). Estimated travel is approximately 10% of the time once travel resumes.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries based on geographic location. Our Recruiter range in New York City, our highest market, is $65,000 – $85,000. Mid-market ranges are 8% to 15% lower. Our ranges are broad and it is customary for candidates to join CSH at the lower half of the range to leave room for growth, learning, and development in the role and range. It is uncommon for salaries to fall above the mid-point at the time of hire. We negotiate actual salaries with final candidates based on their exact location, experience in similar roles and expertise related to the qualifications. This information is offered in support of our commitment to transparency.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply through the link. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document. Candidates who apply by February 15, 2022 are assured consideration.