Who we are:
For over 30 years CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have also created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting exceptional candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Program Manager with our Illinois Team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a results-oriented individual committed to racial equity and advancing anti-racism practices with a passion for our mission to support efforts that expand housing and service solutions for vulnerable populations, increase cross sector involvement, and create quality supportive housing.
Where you will work:
All CSH staff are working virtually until our offices open post-pandemic. Once in-office work resumes our IL Program is based in Chicago, Illinois. We are open to candidates located outside of Chicago who are willing to travel throughout the State and to Chicago multiple times per month.
What you will do:
The focus of this position is to support or work with the Illinois Department of Human Services to effectively and efficiently manage the Statewide Referral Network and Section 811 housing resources. This role works with service providers and property managers throughout the State.
The ideal candidate will be a leader of their portfolio, highly motivated, inspired, and a creative individual. Specifically:
- Support and contribute to the delivery and strategy of CSH’s lines of business including training and TA with the goal of ensuring eligible individuals are successfully matched to housing units.
- Bring an ability to maintain quality relationships and partnerships with key community stakeholders, particularly with program participants and partners.
- Identify obstacles with a focus on solutions through active listening, partnership, and collaboration.
- Manage projects and programs with the ability to meet timelines, deliverables, and to achieve the required outcomes.
- Use strong communication skills, including basic business writing, facilitation training, active listening and the ability to represent CSH internally and externally.
- Help inform program strategy through interactions with your team, CSH partners, and leaders. We welcome continuous learning and an entrepreneurial orientation to our work.
- Contribute to business development as requested, including the identification of opportunities for further exploration.
- Contribute to CSH’s priorities to advance racial equity, address racial disparities in housing and services, and engage and collaborate with communities of color, culturally specific organizations, and persons with lived experience.
- Work with agility and curiosity with other related duties or special projects locally, or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned.
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the position’s essential functions.
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equity and treating each other – and the communities we serve – with respect. Specific skills and experience include:
- 3+ years of experience in the field of supportive housing, public policy, social programs, affordable housing or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree accepted; equivalent lived or professional experience may substitute for education.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, including business writing, the ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, and the ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
- Previous project management and organizational skills with moderate supervision, coaching, and support.
- Experience providing technical assistance or training to diverse stakeholders including government.
- Experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations including people experiencing chronic homelessness, housing placement, and the IL Statewide Referral Network is a plus.
- Comfort with working on a team that is often “virtual” and does much of its work via telephone and email.
- Proven track record of dependability, focus and attention to detail and accuracy.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries based on geographic location. Our range for a Program Manager in Chicago is $60,000 – $80,000 depending on your experience in similar roles and your expertise related to the position qualifications. It is customary for candidates to join CSH in the lower half of the range and is very rare for starting salaries to fall above the mid-point. We negotiate actual salary based on candidate’s location and experience. We offer this guidance in commitment to transparency.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking the link. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it always has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer.