Who we are:
For 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create more than 330,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country, including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals.
Why we need you:
CSH’s Metro Program Internship is a tremendous opportunity to gain experience in the supportive housing field through active participation in day-to-day activities as well as involvement in special projects, as needed. The Metro Program Team covers New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania. Please note this internship will be virtual through December 2021. A candidate for this role should demonstrate his/her/their ability to develop professionally within a team environment. CSH is seeking a candidate with lived experience of housing instability or homelessness who can bring that perspective to the Metro Team’s work. The internship is a minimum of 14 hours per week for at least 12 weeks. This posting is for an internship to occur during the months of September-December 2021, with compensation of $20 per hour. Please note a laptop, mifi and other supports will be made available to the intern during this time when our offices are closed and we are working remotely.
Location: Remote (Metro Program Team covers New Jersey, New York and Pennsylvania)
Time Commitment: minimum of 14 hours per week for at least 12 weeks; September – December 31, 2021.
Compensation: $20.00 per hour
You will work collaboratively to:
- Work under the supervision of the Director of the Metro Program Team and other CSH divisions in respective work and projects
- Actively participate in virtual discussions and meetings, review policy documents; revise and update PowerPoint and other materials
- Co-facilitate People with Lived Experience (PWLE) focus groups to support CSH’s New Jersey portfolio
- Inform PWLE outreach strategies and efforts in New Jersey
- Conduct research for Metro Program staff on specific projects
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers committed to supportive housing, pursuing anti-racist practices and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. Specifically, we are seeking candidates with:
- Lived experience: lived experience of homelessness, housing instability (such as having faced eviction, couch surfing, etc.), participation in housing programs, etc., and/or volunteer experience in the homelessness field.
- Basic office skills: English (oral/written), computer skills, organizing information, time management, and ability to see work to its completion.
- Interpersonal skills: Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment and interact with stakeholders (housing, homeless and services workforce professionals, people experiencing homelessness/housing instability), support small gatherings like focus groups and conduct interviews to gather feedback
- Interest in learning about supportive housing and securing an internship that furthers her/his/their professional goals.
- Experience working in settings such as customer service, peer support, office, government, social services, housing or shelter
- Experience participating in remote meetings via Zoom, WebEx, GoToMeeting, conference calls.
- Experience working on a team.
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume and Cover Letter as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.