Who we are:
For over 30 years CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have also created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting exceptional candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Program Manager to work with our New York Metro Team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a results-oriented individual committed to racial equity and advancing anti-racism practices to support efforts to expand housing and service solutions for vulnerable populations, increase cross sector involvement, and create quality supportive housing. All CSH staff are working virtually until our offices open post-pandemic. When CSH offices reopen we anticipate offering employees a hybrid in-office / telecommuting option.
What you will do?
The NY Metro Team’s current focus includes capacity building for; aging adults in housing, justice-impacted populations, families within the child welfare system, and individuals and families experiencing homelessness. Along with the capacity building, the Metro Team works across systems to develop high-quality trainings, materials, and to establish cross–system partnerships. The Program Manager will be based in New York City with the ability to travel across the region for program delivery and partner development. Occasional regional and national travel may be required.
Working for CSH:
The ideal candidate will be a leader in their role, highly motivated, inspired, and a creative individual. You will advance CSH’s strategic goals and priorities by providing project and program-specific technical assistance (TA) in both the public and private sectors. You should also be highly motivated, inspired, curious, and eager to learn. Specifically, you will:
- Contribute to or serve as project manager to one or more of our NYC grants, including coordination of internal and external project teams, monitoring project quality, and internal and external reporting.
- Provide in-person and virtual technical assistance and support to housing providers serving our target populations.
- Directly contribute to meeting grant deliverables. Tasks will include writing and editing external facing materials; developing, coordinating, and delivering trainings with service and housing agencies; research, and community outreach.
- Bring an ability to maintain quality relationships and partnerships with key community stakeholders, particularly with staff from city and state agencies, the Continuum of Care, community-based supportive housing providers and partners who are the recipients of CSH technical assistance. This includes representing the Metro Team externally.
- Contribute to CSH’s priorities to advance racial equity, address racial disparities in housing and services, and engage and collaborate with communities of color, culturally specific organizations, and persons with lived experience.
- Use strong communication skills, including basic business writing, facilitation training, and active listening.
- Work with agility and curiosity with other related duties or special projects locally, or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned.
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equity and treating each other – and the communities we serve – with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectations of this role.
Specific skills and experience include:
- 3+ years of experience in the field of supportive housing, public policy, social programs, state Medicaid and/or healthcare or public financing.
- Bachelor’s degree accepted; equivalent lived or professional experience may substitute for education.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Professional verbal and written communication skills, including business writing, the ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, and the ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
- Previous project management and organizational skills with moderate supervision, coaching, and support.
- Experience providing technical assistance or training to diverse stakeholders including the government. Experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations including people experiencing chronic homelessness is a plus.
- Comfort with working on a team that is often “virtual” and does much of its work via telephone and email.
- Proven track record of dependability, focus and attention to detail and accuracy.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for this position and location cost is $70,000 – $75,000. Salary offers will be commensurate with the candidate education and work experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.