Who we are:
For over 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have also created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for an Associate Asset Manager with our New Market Tax Credit (NMTC) Team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a creative, results-oriented individual committed to racial equity and advancing anti-racism practices with a passion for CSH’s mission. We need your expertise to help manage our growing NMTC portfolio, consisting of projects that provide healthcare and social services and individuals in need of supportive housing. Our position preference is Chicago, IL or New York, NY but CSH will consider candidates working remotely if they have strong experience in a same or similar role. This position requires occasional travel to national conferences, staff meetings, site visits, or other purposes when post-COVID travel resumes.
What you will do?
As a key member of the team, you will help collect and manage project data; monitor project performance and operational risk; and ensure compliance with US Department of Treasury’s Community Development Financial Institution’s Fund (CDFI Fund) NMTC program requirements. Our NMTC program is part of our larger Community Investment Team. This position will report to CSH’s NMTC Portfolio Manager. Additional key requirements include:
How you will lead:
As a leader in your role we also seek someone who will keep current of the CDFI Fund NMTC compliance and reporting requirements. Your expertise and experience will help CSH prepare our annual NMTC application to the CDFI Fund. Your strong communication will cultivate and maintain positive working relationships with project sponsors/borrowers, investors, co-lenders, and other NMTC partners including consultants, attorneys, and tax accountants. We will also rely on you to help showcase the incredible impact of our NMTC projects by preparing summaries, data, reports, project profiles, web and general communications content, and representing CSH at conferences, trainings, and events for internal and external audiences. We also seek your insights and expertise to creatively supporting and identifying ways to further strengthen and improve asset management and compliance systems and completing special projects and assignments as needed.
Working for CSH
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equity and treating each other – and the communities we serve – with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectations of this role.
Specifically, we are seeking:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in community development, real estate finance, asset management and/or non-profit lending is preferred.
- Bachelor degree (preferred). Work or lived experience may substitute for education.
- Prior experience involving government /public funding and affordable/supportive housing programs, along with related compliance reporting is desired, particularly those involving CDFI Fund programs. Prior NMTC experience is a plus but not required.
- You must be organized, analytical, detail-oriented, and comfortable working with numbers/data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must including the ability to present and engage racially, ethnically, and socially diverse stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills including creating work plans, building and motivating project teams and demonstrated experience managing multiple complex assignments and successfully meeting deadlines.
- An interest in our mission, our work, affordable and supportive housing, community development, and in supporting the development of housing and services is required.
- A conceptual understanding of institutional/structural racism and bias and their impact on underrepresented communities.
- Experience working with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is required.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. We base our salaries on geographic location. A mid-range salary for an Associate Asset Manager in a mid-market (Chicago) is $70,000- $75,000. Salary offers will be based on where the candidate works and the candidate’s experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.