Who we are:
For 30 years, CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
• Helping communities create more than 330,000 homes for individuals and families;
• Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country, including over $1B in capital; and
• Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for a Program Manager to work with our Ohio team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented, equity focused Program Manager who has a passion for the CSH mission with strong skills in project management with the proven ability to work well both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team. We are seeking dynamic individuals to support CSH’s prison reentry initiatives, Returning Home Ohio (RHO.) This position may also assist with other projects in Ohio or the central region as needed, and will be under the supervision of the Associate Director. Direct experience working in supportive housing using a housing-first approach is preferred.
RHO is a collaboration between the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections (ODRC) and CSH. Through supportive housing providers in multiple cities across Ohio, RHO provides stable, affordable housing and home-based supportive services for persons released from state prison with behavioral and physical health needs.
Where you will work:
The Program Manager will be based in Columbus, Ohio with ability to travel across Ohio for program delivery and partner development. Program Manager may be asked, on occasion, to support projects throughout CSH’s Central Region.
What you will do:
The idea candidate will be a highly motivated, inspired, and creative individual. Specifically you will:
• As project manager, contribute to the implementation and monitoring RHO program delivery with subcontracted partners, ensuring project objectives are met and partners are delivering high quality supportive housing.
• Provide quality improvement assistance to RHO providers to ensure they are meeting both CSH and ODRC requirements and delivering the scope of service specified in their grants.
• Assist directly with outreach activities to Ohio state prisons and monitor RHO providers’ outreach plans.
• Manage monthly and quarterly reporting and monitoring of program requirements. Includes aggregating and analyzing the data to reporting and tracking tenant status evaluations and timelines.
• Assist with RHO expansion to additional cities in Ohio and within the current locations in the state.
• Provide on-demand training, orientation, and technical assistance to RHO provider staff.
• Conduct on-site and/or remote annual program performance monitoring including interviews with tenants and case file reviews.
• Represent CSH in internal and public forums, including CSH committees, training sessions, public presentations, and meetings with external partners, policymakers, and stakeholders.
• Build and maintain quality relationships with key stakeholders, engaging collaboratively with research and evaluation staff at CSH, ODRC, or other involved entities to assist with any additional research process.
• Assist in coordinating regular meetings and trainings sponsored by CSH.
• Contribute to CSH’s priorities to advance racial equity, address racial disparities in housing and services, and engage and collaborate with communities of color, culturally specific organizations, and persons with lived experience.
• Perform any other related duties or special projects locally or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned by supervisor.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectation of this role to help shape how we share our ambitious mission. Specifically, we are seeking:
• 3+ years of experience in the field of supportive housing, public policy, social programs, state Medicaid and/or healthcare or public financing.
• Bachelor’s degree accepted; equivalent lived or professional experience may substitute for education.
• Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
• An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
• Professional verbal and written communication skills, including business writing, the ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, and the ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
• Previous project management and organizational skills with moderate supervision, coaching, and support.
• Experience providing technical assistance or training to diverse stakeholders including government. Experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations including people experiencing chronic homelessness is a plus.
• Comfort with working on a team that is often “virtual” and does much of its work via telephone and email.
• Proven track record of dependability, focus and attention to detail and accuracy.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for this position and location cost is $60,000 – $65,000. Salary offers will be commensurate with the candidate education and work experience in similar roles.
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer.