Who we are:
For over 30 years CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
• Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families;
• Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
• Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have also created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting exceptional candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Senior Program Manager based in Hartford, Connecticut.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a results-oriented individual committed to racial equity and advancing anti-racism practices to support efforts to expand housing and service solutions for vulnerable populations, increase cross sector involvement, and create quality supportive housing. All CSH staff are working virtually until our offices open post-pandemic.
What you will do?
The CT Team consists of five staff members within CSH’s Eastern Region. Reporting to the CT Director, the Senior Program Manager position requires regular local and occasional regional and national travel.
Working for CSH:
The ideal candidate will be a leader, highly motivated, inspired, and a creative individual. you will advance CSH’s strategic goals and priorities by providing project and program specific technical assistance (TA) in both the public and private sectors. You should also be comfortable with data analysis, financial modeling, and program analysis and be able to use tools such as Microsoft Excel to create such models as relevant. Specifically, we encourage you to apply to:
• Support efforts to create a multi-sector approach to serving vulnerable populations, specifically in supportive housing.
• Contribute to CSH’s priorities to advance racial equity, address racial disparities in housing and services, and engage and collaborate with communities of color, culturally specific organizations, and persons with lived experience.
• Apply strong skills in project management and the proven ability to work well independently and within a multi-disciplinary team environment while manage multiple priorities. CSH project managers foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high-quality performance.
• Deliver in-person and virtual technical assistance, trainings, and webinars on technical aspects of supportive housing, such as financing, operations, and/or service delivery.
• Establish and maintain high quality relationships and partnerships with key community stakeholders, particularly with staff from city and state agencies, the Continuum of Care, managed care organizations, community-based supportive housing providers and non-profit and for-profit housing developers who are the recipients of CSH technical assistance.
• Provide system transformation technical assistance, analysis, and support to healthcare and government partnerships working to coordinate with homeless, criminal justice, family and youth, veterans, and supportive housing providers.
• Support efforts in CT to enable supportive housing providers to respond to state efforts to leverage Medicaid for tenancy support.
• Maintain relationship with funders, support proposal development, facilitate pipeline development, and fulfill reporting requirements, working with CSH’s Fund Development unit.
• Support budget development and monitoring, working closely with the CT Director and CSH finance team.
• Represent CSH effectively at external events, ensuring CSH’s interests and reputation are maintained.
• Participate in regional planning and operations discussions and activities.
• Work with agility and curiosity with other related duties or special projects locally, or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned.
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equity and treating each other – and the communities we serve – with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectations of this role.
Specific skills and experience include:
• 5+ years of experience in the field of supportive housing, public policy, social programs, healthcare or public financing.
• Bachelor’s degree accepted; equivalent lived or professional experience may substitute for education.
• Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
• An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including business writing, the ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, and the ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
• Previous project management experience with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage (informally or formally) project teams, project budgets, and deadlines with moderate supervision.
• Knowledge and experience providing technical assistance and consulting services to diverse stakeholders including government, and experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations including people experiencing chronic homelessness.
• Ability to adapt approach, strategy, and tactics rapidly in response to changing information or client/program need.
• Ability to take initiative and pursue goals with minimal supervision. Comfort with working on a team that is often “virtual” and does much of its work via telephone and email.
• Proven track record of dependability, focus and attention to detail and accuracy.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize work, problem solve and negotiate positive results, and ability to welcome change and respond quickly to changing priorities.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for this position and location cost is $85,000 - $90,000. Salary offers will be commensurate with the candidate education and work experience in similar roles.
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer