Who we are:
For over 30 years CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
• Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families;
• Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
• Ensuring not only a but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have also created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting exceptional candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Managing Director of our Eastern Region (Maine to Florida).
Candidates must live or be willing to relocate to the Eastern Region and near a major airport. Considerable travel within the region and occasionally elsewhere will be expected. The Eastern Region includes CSH’s efforts along the East Coast including New England (CT, ME, RI, NH, VT, MA); Metro NY/NJ/PA; the Mid-Atlantic (DE, MD, DC, VA, WV) and Southeast (NC, SC, FL, GA). All CSH staff are working virtually until our offices open post-pandemic.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking results-oriented individual committed to racial equity and advancing anti-racism practices to support efforts to expand housing and service solutions for vulnerable populations, increase cross sector involvement, and create quality supportive housing.
What you will do:
Reporting directly to the VP for Consulting and Field Operations, the Eastern Region Managing Director will be a valued and integral part of the senior management team. Specific responsibilities include:
• Provide overall strategic vision and thought leadership of the Eastern Region program.
• Cultivate, manage and conduct relationship and business development operations within the region.
• Contribute to CSH’s priorities to advance racial equity, address racial disparities in housing and services, and engage and collaborate with communities of color, culturally specific organizations, and persons with lived experience.
• Partner with the CEO, CFO, COO and Chief Fund Development Officer to ensure proper strategic support for region and site fundraising efforts, including leading and supporting efforts to secure and execute contracts.
• Work with CSH Senior Management Team by providing briefings on the status and performance of CSH regional operations, offering input on relevant CSH policy changes and helping to resolve operational issues within other CSH units.
• Oversee administration of local site offices by providing direct supervision and strategic advice for Directors, setting realistic performance goals, and monitoring the financial performance of all offices within the designated region.
• Oversee the annual regional work plan and budget creation and monitoring.
• Lead efforts to create a multi-sector approach to serving vulnerable populations. Oversee the management of multiple CSH projects within the region.
• Determine project staffing needs and staff deployment throughout the region.
• Establish mechanisms and tools to ensure that all offices are providing a consistent level of high quality services.
• Ensure region meets annual and longer-term performance outcomes in support of CSH’s strategic plan.
• Approach the work with flexibility and agility, with an interest and openness to work on projects or initiatives as the region’s capacity and opportunity requires.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectation of this role to help shape how we share our ambitious mission. Specifically, we are seeking:
• Leadership experience in non-profit and/or government position(s) managing multiple locations and supervisory experience. Demonstrated high-level decision-making and mentoring capabilities.
• Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
• An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with government agencies, partners and associations, and community-based organizations and to promote CSH priorities. Areas of focus may include policy analysis, advocacy, strategic planning related to low income and supportive housing finance, health care, behavioral health, and/or human services.
• Skilled in facilitation, team building, forging collaborative partnerships, and developing and maintaining strong relationships within the supportive housing community, and in convening and engaging people from diverse groups and sectors.
• Strong computer skills. Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Success in fund development (foundation and contracts) is highly desirable.
• Frequent local and regional travel and occasional national travel required (when it is safe to do so, once in-person gatherings resume.)
• 9+ years leadership experience preferred with a bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may substitute for education.
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for CSH’s Managing Director position in an mid-market location is $125,000. Actual salary offers will be adjusted to meet candidates geographic region and the candidate’s experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.