Who we are:
For over 30 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for Senior Program Managers (SPMs).
- At least one SPM will be based in Detroit, Michigan and will be supervised and work closely with the Michigan Director. Your work will support efforts in Detroit, Michigan, and in communities throughout the Central Region to expand housing and services solutions for vulnerable populations and to increase cross sector investment and quality supportive housing.
- At least one SPM will work for and be supervised by the Director of our national Federal Technical Assistance team. Experience with Healthcare, Housing and homelessness for vulnerable populations is needed as you will support CSH’s work with the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA), federally qualified health centers and homeless systems The location is flexible with the requirement to be in close proximity to a major airport and within our current geographic footprint.
- Additional SPMs will be considered to support CSH’s efforts to meet grant and contract demands in communities across the country. The location is flexible with the requirement to be in close proximity to a major airport and within our current geographic footprint. Please identify preferred location in your application.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to advance our work. All CSH staff are working virtually until our offices open post-pandemic.
What you will do:
- Support efforts to create a multi-sector approach to serving vulnerable populations.
- Contribute to CSH’s priorities to advance racial equity, address racial disparities in housing and services, and engage and collaborate with communities of color, culturally specific organizations, and persons with lived experience.
- Act as project manager for contracts and/or grants, ensuring clearly defined team roles, on time and on-budget deliverables, and delivery of quality products. CSH expects project managers to foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high quality performance.
- Deliver in-person and virtual technical assistance, trainings, and webinars on technical aspects of supportive housing.
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships and partnerships with key community stakeholders, particularly with staff from city and state agencies, the Continuum of Care, community health care centers, managed care organizations, behavioral health systems, other health systems, criminal justice systems, child welfare agencies, community-based supportive housing providers and non-profit and for-profit housing developers and other recipients receiving CSH technical assistance. Cultivate new relationships and funding opportunities including fielding and responding to external requests for resources and support. Participate in team fund development activities.
- Provide system transformation analysis and support to government partnerships across homeless, healthcare, criminal justice, family and youth, veterans, and supportive housing partners and providers.
- Provide consulting services on CSH projects to support various teams and clients including HRSA, local and state governments and providers.
- For geographically based teams:
- Participate in regional planning and operations discussions and activities.
- Support and assist Directors to identify key emerging public policy issues and participate in the development of a policy agenda to engage key external partners in advancing this agenda.
- Support development of quality supportive housing pipelines thru technical assistance and developer/operator coordination through development, lease-up, and operations.
- For the Federal technical assistance work:
- Work includes community technical assistance; trainings and/or webinars creating written product with a focus on ending homelessness.
- Work closely with federally qualified health centers and/or community health centers through TA, training, and learning collaboratives.
- Experience and knowledge of HRSA and Bureau of Primary Health Care funding to provide technical assistance on the intersection of health and housing and HUD homeless programs.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectation of this role to help shape how we share our ambitious mission.
Specifically, we are seeking:
- 5+ years of experience in supportive housing, affordable housing, behavioral and primary healthcare, community development and/or related fields.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may substitute for education.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including business writing, the ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
- Previous project management experience with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage project teams, project budgets and deadlines with moderate supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in providing technical assistance/consulting services to diverse stakeholders including government, and experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations including chronically homeless.
- Experience with colleagues and external audiences and partners in the areas of public policy, systems change, housing development/operations, and/or the delivery of supportive services.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse communities.
- Ability to lead initiatives and implement projects and pursue goals with minimal supervision.
- Frequent local and regional travel and occasional national travel required (when it is safe to do so, once in-person gatherings resume.)
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for CSH’s Senior Program Manager position in an average cost location is $85,000 – $90,000. Salary offers will be based on where the candidate works and the candidate’s experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer