Who we are:
For 30 years CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create more than 330,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for a Marketing and Communications Manager. Our Marketing and Communications Manager will manage multiple projects and campaigns that support strategic communication initiatives across different CSH teams and business lines with a particular focus on digital channels (website, email, social media, video and SEO).
Why we need you:
You will work closely with the Director, Strategic Communication, and internal teams to plan, design, execute and drive content marketing that tells the CSH story and our work to improve communities, help people thrive and end racism. You are a manager that thinks and acts strategically. You will constantly be asking, “How can we improve the quality of our content and better optimize our channels to amplify the CSH message?” The preferred location for this role is New York City at the CSH national headquarters– though we are open to considering candidates for remote work and who live near a major US airport.
You will work collaboratively to:
Support Brand Management and Content Marketing
- Ensure integration between all communication and marketing activities by planning, creating and scheduling content across various CSH com channels. Manage the editorial calendar.
- Maintain and develop a cohesive and effective set of national CSH communications materials, including brochures, fact sheets, presentations, project profiles, ads, etc.
- Track incoming communication and marketing requests, provide editing and proofreading services, complete basic formatting and layout tasks, and coordinate final approvals.
- Manage design and production projects with CSH teams and outside vendors. Develop creative briefs, manage deliverables and track timelines.
- Assist the Director in building thought leadership and earned media through media relations strategies. Manage the CSH media monitoring tool.
Manage Digital Communications
- Act as primary owner, content manager, and content developer of CSH digital channels, including but not limited to email, social media and video.
- Own content updates across multiple CSH-owned websites; manage SEO keywords, conduct competitive ranking analysis and report on website rankings.
- Plan, Analyze, track, and Evaluate campaign and channel metrics, and identify trends and opportunities to grow or pivot marketing strategies.
Other Communications Responsibilities
- Manage your own workload and prioritize multiple requests from various parts of the business.
- Provide marketing and communications support for internal stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectation of this role to help shape how we share our ambitious mission.
Specifically, we are seeking you if you have:
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred – most importantly, we are looking for a do-er with a desire to learn
- Fluency with common digital technology tools, including CMS (e.g., WordPress, Drupal), email marketing platforms (e.g., Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact), analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Meltwater, HootSuite); familiarity with HTML highly desirable
- Experience in managing marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Proficiency in using research to inform the planning and execution of marketing tactics
- Passion for data and skill in identifying and using KPIs as benchmarks to evaluate progress
- Ability to take a 360-degree view of communications and develop plans that include everything from earned media to marketing, including social and digital media
- Meticulous attention to detail, content writing & editorial/copywriting experience and a careful editorial eye a plus
- Ability to lead initiatives, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and pursue goals with minimal supervision
- Public or non-profit experience is preferred but it will be helpful if you have passion for social causes and believe in the CSH mission
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of communication processes and efforts
- Experience in advocacy at the local, state or federal level is a bonus – if you have this experience, mention it in your cover letter
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for our Communications Manager position in an average cost location is $70,000 – $75,000. Salary offers will be based on where the candidate works and the candidate’s experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer