Who we are:
For 30 years CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create 330,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and,
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH has proven supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities. We have also created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting good people committed to making a difference and who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Human Resources Coordinator.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a detail-oriented individual committed to racial equity and advancing anti-racism practices to perform a wide array of administrative, technical, and operational Human Resource activities. This position is based in our headquarters in New York City and you will collaborate in-person with our NY-based staff and virtually with CSH staff across the country. Note: all CSH staff are currently working remotely due to the COVID pandemic.
What you will do:
- Provide administrative, coordination, and implementation support to HR functions including benefits, payroll, recruitment, onboarding, systems administration, compliance, reporting, performance management, filing, special projects and initiatives, and employee relations.
- Support Directors in managing files, vendors, consultant contracts, issuing check requests, billing reconciliation, invoicing, and monitoring financials.
- Assist with data collection, reporting, and maintenance of various databases.
- Meet deliverables on time with a focus on quality, completeness, and with a lens toward continuous improvement.
Recruitment & Onboarding Support
- Coordinate recruitment timeline from organizing interviews, providing support to hiring managers, organizing and distributing interview materials and ensuring compliance with CSH’s efforts to remove bias and advance anti-racism practices in our hiring. This includes online tools, cloud-based teleconferencing, and arranging in-person interviews.
- Perform and file employment background checks, file new hire documents, and maintain digital personnel files.
- Train hiring managers on the applicant tracking system and serve as the system admin to set up, and perform maintenance on job postings and applicant status.
- Post open positions to CSH website and a collection of other job boards, and maintain a tracking spreadsheet.
- Conduct HR orientation with new hires, complete I-9 documentation and e-verify, and assign other new hire curriculum trainings.
Benefits Administration and Payroll
- Create semi-monthly payroll report and coordinate with the Finance team to ensure accurate payroll submission each pay period.
- Administer benefits, lead open enrollment, and create and rollover benefit plans each plan year, as well as answer employee benefits questions.
- System administrator for HRIS system, Paycom: maintain system, make changes to employee information, and maintain benefits, payroll, performance management, reporting, and documents management modules.
- Meet with benefit vendors to resolve issues, implement new plan details, and hold wellness events and webinars for CSH staff.
- Congregate documents for various audits throughout the year and maintain accurate files.
- Provide reports for census, WA State Department of Labor reporting, and perform monthly ACA reporting.
- Track compliance for work plans, anti-harassment training, other annual CSH compliance documents.
- Create template and launch year end and mid-year reviews for CSH performance evaluations using the Paycom system.
What you will bring:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equity and treating each other – and the communities we serve – with respect. Coordinators are key in helping CSH achieve success and are deployed across different teams but share a set of core competencies including:
- Exceptional organization and attention to detail
- Excellent communications and a customer service approach
- Solid technical expertise and acumen
- Discrete with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential information
We encourage you to apply if you have these competencies and:
- High school degree or equivalent. Post high school education or skill training preferred. Experience may substitute for education.
- The ability to demonstrate experience in the duties outlined above, or similar experience in a parallel professional setting.
- Experience with Paycom or comparable Human Resources Information System (HRIS) preferred.
- An essential function of this role is to be physically present in the New York office to ensure smoothly daily operations, provide a stable presence, and manage the day-to-day function of the office.
- We use the Microsoft computing environment. Proficiency using Outlook 365 based applications or a commitment to self-teach upon hire is required. Experience updating websites and digital technology is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills, including demonstrated ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including people of color.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- Ability to take initiative, effectively prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment, and work independently.
We offer generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for our Coordinator position in an average cost location is $55,000 – $60,000. Final salary offers will be based on the candidate work location and experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer