Who we are:
For 30 years CSH has changed the lives of people who have been marginalized and are our most vulnerable neighbors by:
- Helping communities create more than 330,000 homes for individuals and families;
- Providing technical assistance and support to communities across the country including over $1B in capital; and
- Ensuring not only a home but access to the services and supports that people and communities need to thrive.
CSH proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for a Development Manager.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a creative, results-driven and team-oriented leader to assist with effective fundraising and development efforts and stewardship of our supporters. Strong project management, writing, editing, and an understanding of the nature of working with multiple sources of funding are key. You are a manager that thinks and acts strategically and will constantly be asking, “How can we identify and acquire new sources of revenue to support CSHs innovative approaches to promoting supportive housing, race equity and thriving communities?” Experience with housing and service models for vulnerable populations is a plus.
Where you will work:
The preferred location for this role is New York City at the CSH national headquarters– though we are open to considering candidates for remote work who live near a major US airport. Limited travel is required.
You will work collaboratively to:
- Act as primary point of contact / liaison for a number of our geographic and national teams, enabling those teams will meet their short and long-term development goals. This includes coordinating and leading the development process from prospecting, to submitting letters of intent, to writing inquiries, proposals, reports, and assisting in the development of funder required budgets and related submission materials. Our funders include government, foundations, corporate sources, as well as individual donors.
- Project manage development activities to ensure deadlines are met, including internal deadlines for content from multiple teams.
- Work collaboratively with other business support teams (primarily our finance team) to gather and synthesize the information needed to complete funder proposal and reporting requirements.
- Track, manage, and ensure successful compliance and reporting as required by government, foundation, and corporate donors including submitting narrative reports.
- Be a thought partners, developing concept papers on existing, emerging, and new program models across a broad range of priority populations, service interventions, and community-based supports.
- Lead efforts to secure sponsorship for our annual Supportive Housing Summit and other special events, including conceptualizing sponsor benefits, completing proposals for potential sponsors, tracking sponsor revenue, and communicating with sponsors before, during, and after the event.
- Cultivate, build, and maintain strong professional relationships with key internal stakeholders with a focus on mutual respect and accountability.
- Adapt to fluid and changing opportunities with an openness to undertake special projects as assigned.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the skills to meet the expectation of this role to help shape how we share our ambitious mission.
Specifically, we are seeking you if you have:
- 5-7 years of professional experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred – most importantly, we are looking for a do-er with a desire to learn
- Fluency with common digital technology tools, including CMS (e.g., WordPress, Drupal), email marketing platforms (e.g., Mailchimp, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact), analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Meltwater, HootSuite); familiarity with HTML highly desirable
- Experience in managing marketing campaigns from start to finish
- Proficiency in using research to inform the planning and execution of marketing tactics
- Passion for data and skill in identifying and using KPIs as benchmarks to evaluate progress
- Ability to take a 360-degree view of communications and develop plans that include everything from earned media to marketing, including social and digital media
- Meticulous attention to detail, content writing & editorial/copywriting experience and a careful editorial eye a plus
- Ability to lead initiatives, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and pursue goals with minimal supervision
- Public or non-profit experience is preferred but it will be helpful if you have passion for social causes and believe in the CSH mission
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of communication processes and efforts
- Experience in advocacy at the local, state or federal level is a bonus – if you have this experience, mention it in your cover letter
CSH offers generous benefits, opportunities for professional growth, and competitive salaries. The mid-range salary for our Development Manager position in an average cost location is $70,000 – $75,000. Salary offers will be based on where the candidate works and the candidate’s experience in similar roles.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer