Funding Available: $12,500
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country. A snapshot of our successes include:
- Helping communities create more than 325,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a network of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission. We pride ourselves in high performance in the services we deliver externally and through the strength of our operations internally.
Prior to 2012, CSH was a 100% server based organization. This meant that more than half of our staff required a VPN connection in order to access their files. We decided it was time to broaden file access options by introducing SharePoint. Initially SharePoint solved our issue of file access for staff. SharePoint also gave us data backup and file recovery, which we did not have before. SharePoint also made file auditing and tracking a seamless experience. The system supported us well until in 2016, the scope of our work grew deeper and wider. We began working with more external consultants and other groups with whom we routinely shared files. Emailing zip files quickly became a clumsy and did not offer co-editing of documents. With minimal knowledge of the utility of SharePoint we decided to shift to an additional cloud based solution for external file sharing – Egnyte. This solution proved successful for large national meetings, webinars, and other external file sharing needs. Egnyte ensures that our files remained organized and easy to share, store and access. In 2020 we added Teams to accommodate moving to a fully virtual organization. While SharePoint remains the nucleus of our environment, the architecture was designed nearly a decade ago, there still exists limitations with file sharing, storage, and access; and Teams adds an unknown layer of how best to share, tag, organize, store, and archive information.
We are ready to engage with consulting experts that can help optimize our SharePoint utilization and bring refreshed governance and architecture across our various Office365 solutions. Our current strategic plan reiterates our commitment to excellence with the goal of increasing organizational capacity. It is with this in mind that CSH issues a request for proposal (RFP) for a consultant to assist CSH in implementing the following objectives regarding our SharePoint system:
- Redevelop CSH’s current SharePoint system setup
- Maximize SP utilization across all 365 apps i.e. Teams and One Drive
- Assist in the development of policies and communications around file retention and storage
- Enable secure external file sharing and editing with guidelines
- Advise on best practices for integrating DocuSign with Office 365
- Advise on best practices for integrating SharePoint and all 365 apps with NetSuite, CSH’s financial management system.
Although ambitious, CSH seeks to begin implementation April 5, 2021 with adherence to a statement of work and schedule outlined by CSH and consultant. This statement of work will be shared after reviewing RFPs during the consultant interview and selection process.
Statement of Work
The Statement of work should include appropriate consideration for time needed to gain an understanding of CSH as an organization, its operational needs, IT environment, business use, and recommending a solution that meets CSH’s current operations while also anticipating and accommodating future growth and trends. As noted, the Statement of Work should minimally encompass CSH’s use case as it relates to design and integration of SharePoint, Teams, MS Office 365 applications, NetSuite, and DocuSign. We welcome the consultant’s advice on design and integration of any other solutions identified during the consulting engagement. Specific deliverables we seek to achieve are:
- Design a file architecture and governance structure to guide document sharing, storage, and retention across CSH’s IT platforms.
- Create, in collaboration with CSH, a communication plan that outlines proposed changes and implementation strategies.
- Develop a sample customized SharePoint environment
- Consultant to serve as a thought partner in the development of policies and procedures on a file retention system, schedule, and archiving.
- To Be determined at the time of discovery. Consultants are encouraged to provide an hourly fee or fee structure should data migration needs be identified.
- The consultant is required to have workman’s compensation and commercial general liability insurance.
- The contract amount should not exceed $12,500
- The consultant should provide at least 4 references or examples of prior work doing similar services for nonprofit organizations.
- The consultant is required to be a legal entity to provide services in the United States of America and be able to provide all legal documentation upon request.
- The consultant is required to hold their own insurance policy and furnish evidence thereof.
- The consultant is required to comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
- The consultant is required to be available between the hours of 9am – 4:00pm Central Time.
How to Apply
- Proposals are due by March 30, 2021, 5pm CDT to email@example.com. Please note “SharePoint Consultant RFP Response” in the email subject line.
- Proposals should be no more than 4 pages, not including supporting documents such as resumes/C.V.s and budget.
- Proposal narrative should address each of the obligations sections above and relate proposer’s experience with each and how that experience applies to the CSH project.
- Proposal narrative should also include at least 2 references for similar work
- Please include a budget for the proposal. All budget proposals may be subject to negotiation.
- For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers’ compensation and commercial general liability insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors should be registered with sam.gov and cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract.
Minority and women-owned business are encouraged to participate in this solicitation