Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create over 335,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven that supportive housing can change the lives of individuals, families, and communities, it also has created a team of nationally recognized experts who are deeply dedicated to our organization and its goals. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries and benefits, generous leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that work-life balance is achievable. With the goal of attracting proven candidates committed to making a difference and who aspire to advance our mission, CSH is now accepting applications for a Director to provide strategic leadership and direction over all aspects of our communication efforts.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to advance our work. Guided by our strategic plan, you will lead, implement, and grow marketing, branding, and communications activities. Your work will be focused on three key drivers, 1) advancing racial equity, 2) building thriving communities, and 3) using data to advance our work and our pursuit to create thousands of additional supportive housing opportunities for six priority populations. This position will join our talented staff based in the New York City metro area, with the ability to work remotely.
What you will do:
- Work collaboratively to define and implement strategic communications and messaging;
- Manage our brand, ensuring CSH is positioned as the number once source for, technical assistance, training, public policy reform, and lending in the supportive housing field;
- Design and execute a marketing strategy for a variety of CSH’s teams and core lines of business;
- Coach, develop and supervise the Communications Manager;
- Manage projects effectively;
- Track and report on performance communications metrics, including earned media, editorial targets, and social media participants;
- Write, edit, and manage the production of CSH publications, guidebooks, position papers, blogs, letters to the editors, and other written materials. This may include ghost writing presentations, speeches and blogs for CSH’s executive staff and Board members;
- Advance a proactive media strategy while responding to on-demand media requests;
- Coach key spokespeople on effective message delivery for media interviews; and
- Support, assist, and undertake special projects that support our internal and external communication activities.
How we work:
CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, and flexible problem-solvers. We are strategic thinkers who are committed to racial equality and treating each other—and the communities we serve—with respect. You should share a passion for the CSH mission and possess the leadership and management skills to help shape how we share our ambitious mission.
Our leaders are hands-on managers, thinkers, and doers with the ability to collaborate across a variety of teams and programs. Specifically, we are seeking:
- 7+ years of professional experience leading communications, branding, and marketing programs
- Public or non-profit experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills with a proven record of leading and inspiring teams
- Ability to take a 360-degree view of communications and develop plans that include everything from earned media to marketing, including social and digital media.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically, and socially diverse communities.
- Demonstrated skills at building high-quality project teams and project management;
- Ability to lead initiatives and implement projects and pursue goals with minimal supervision.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer