Who we are:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an intern to work with the Data and Analytics unit within our Strategy and Impact team. The intern will gain valuable experience in interpreting human services data, particularly as it relates to equity issues embedded in the housing and homelessness space. There may be opportunities to expand the intern’s scope of work within the Data and Analytics unit.
Location: 61 Broadway, Suite 2300, New York, NY (remote until offices re-open)
Time Commitment: 20-25 hours per week from July-October, 2020
Compensation: $20 per hour
What you will do:
Under the supervision of the Director and the Program Manager, the intern will participate in a number of projects including:
- Assist in developing and updating CSH’s National Needs Assessment
- Modify and improve CSH’s recently launched Racial Disproportionality and Disparity Index (RDDI) tool.
- Locate publicly available datasets, clean data, conduct analysis, and produce visualizations from a variety of datasets with the human services world.
Do you have:
The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Candidates for this internship must meet the following qualifications:
- Effective written and verbal communications.
- Willingness to seek appropriate direction and guidance from supervisors when needed.
- Solid knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Comfortable working with, organizing, and analyzing robust datasets.
- Experience with Python, R, SPSS, or Stata.
- Experience with ArcGIS or QGIS, Tableau, and Carto is a plus.
- Candidate should have a familiarity with housing and homelessness issues.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer