Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented and diverse individuals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people committed to making a difference and who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Program Manager to work with our team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an entrepreneurial, strategic, pragmatic, collaborative, inspired, and creative individual, who is able to establish connections between people, practice, and policy. You should have a passion for the CSH mission and the desire to advance our work. You should have project management skills, work well independently and in teams, and have the ability to incorporate the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color.
What you will do:
The successful candidate will focus on furthering quality supportive housing models for high need individuals and families. Working collaboratively, you will:
- Serve as project manager on one or more projects, including coordination of internal and external project teams, monitoring of project quality, and internal and external reporting. CSH expects project managers to foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high quality performance;
- Advance innovative financing models for supportive housing services and tenancy supports through state Medicaid programs and healthcare systems across the region including working with state agencies, supportive housing providers, philanthropy, evaluators and other partners to design, implement, and evaluate state efforts to optimize resources and advance community integration for high need individuals;
- Identify and advance data driven strategies, best practices and innovation in housing and services models in line with CSH’s priority populations and sectors across the region;
- Manage the adaption and implementation of CSH quality initiatives to ensure quality supportive housing across the region, including monitoring supportive housing programs for overall quality of policies and practices, housing units, and services experienced by tenants;
- Provide one on one technical assistance and support to supportive housing providers and others working in supportive housing, as well as coordinating and facilitating peer learning exchanges;
- Deliver CSH’s core products and services as a trusted partner including; technical assistance, training, facilitation, drafting reports, service and quality review and design, policy guidance, and evaluation;
- Assist the New England Director in planning, and efforts to expand supportive housing across New England, including scoping proposals and developing new relationships in new areas and with new partners;
- Perform any other related duties or special projects locally or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned by the supervisor.
Where you will work:
The New England team covers CT, MA, RI, NH, VT and ME. This territory requires multiple approaches to systems change and supportive housing development to include strategies in urban cities, suburban areas, towns, and vast rural areas. This position will be based in CSH’s Hartford, CT office. Regular local and occasional regional and national travel required.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible problem solvers with a commitment to racial equity. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- 3 years’ experience working in supportive/affordable housing, working with vulnerable populations, state Medicaid and/or health care programs, supporting program evaluation and/or another related field;
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent life experience may substitute for education;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience providing technical assistance/consulting services to diverse stakeholders including government agencies, health care entities, supportive housing providers and other systems that serve vulnerable populations;
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred;
- Ability to establish and maintain high quality relationships with varied stakeholders and ability to represent CSH externally and internally;
- Strong creative sensibility, ability to think critically and strategically and the talent to take initiative to implement projects and pursue goals with moderate supervision;
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse communities;
- Demonstrated project management experience and ability to manage multiple project teams and deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer