Who we are:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an Intern to work with the New York Metro team. The intern will gain experience in the supportive housing field through active participation in day-to-day activities as well as involvement in special projects, as needed. The Metro Program Team covers New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and some travel will be required. A candidate for this role should demonstrate his/her ability to learn and develop professionally within a team environment.
Location: 61 Broadway, Suite 2300, New York, NY
Time Commitment: 2-3 days a week for 14-20 hours during a 12-week period from September – December, 2019
Compensation: $15 per hour
What you will do:
Under the supervision on the Director of the Metro Program Team, the intern will participate in a number of projects related to the team including:
- Conduct research and/or data analysis for Metro Program staff on specific projects;
- Prepare training materials and exercises, including revising and updating PowerPoint and other materials;
- Assist with preparation and day-of logistics for events and conferences, including a Learning Academy;
- Work collaboratively with the program staff and Communications team to prepare and distribute media alerts, blogs and other social media;
- Special projects that will be clearly defined with clear goals and deliverables to be accomplished within internship period.
Do you have:
The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Candidates for this internship must meet the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning about supportive housing
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and attention to detail
- Event coordination experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer