Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create 300,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Loan Portfolio Manager to work with our Finance team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented, equity focused Loan Administrator. The Portfolio Manager will be responsible for developing analyses, forecasting, and transactional and portfolio reporting while also performing the day-to-day activities related to managing and closing loans. This position is located in CSH’s New York, NY office.
What you will do:
Loan Administration and Closing
- Review financial transactions and terms for accuracy, compliance and completeness. Input transactions into and maintain loan system, monitor ongoing compliance and manage performance dates.
- Collect, review and analysis of reporting requirements related to each financial transaction throughout the entire life-span of a loan, from approval to close.
- Work with internal partners (lenders, legal team and finance staff) to proactively address compliance issues, address required modifications a loan or grants terms and conditions and problem solve issues that arise during the course of loan administration and closings.
- Implement and oversee loan and portfolio reporting, including regular status reports.
- Prepare and ensure timely reporting to investors, the CDFI fund and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Support and collaborate with Fund Development, Community Investment Team, Executive Staff and other internal stakeholders on preparing and analyzing reports as needed.
- Respond to any CDFI Fund requests that may arise (FA/CMF), and pull staff in to address as needed.
- Participate in training of new staff people on reporting compliance process and systems.
- Prepare information for monthly Loan Portfolio Monitor Committee and lead discussions on Loan Portfolio Quality.
- Oversee on-going review of borrowers for adjustments to Loan Loss Reserve based on risk factors
Financial Analysis and Management
- Provide necessary schedules and information to maintain accuracy of information in the general ledger regarding above activities. Assist the CFO in assessing the efficiency and effectiveness of CSH’s current systems and procedures for handling all the responsibilities outlined above.
- Recommend modifications to policies, procedures or risk rating methods to improve risk identification and mitigation.
- Other duties or special projects as directed by the Chief Financial Officer.
Note: CSH is also the recipient of several New Market Tax Credit Awards (NMTC) and we are seeking to expand staffing in support of the NMTC program. While not a requirement for this role, applicants with experience in the NMTC program or other programs funded by the Department of Treasury are encourage to note this on their resume and cover letter.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- Bachelor’s degree is desired, equivalent experience accepted as substitute for degree.
- 3-years minimum experience in asset/portfolio management, project development, and/or non-profit lending. Experience in loan servicing and/or compliance highly desirable.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse internal stakeholders.
- Ability to capture, synthesize and present information in report form.
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service.
- Experience with reporting utilizing multiple databases, statistics and experience using a range of quantitatively-based analytical methods.
- Proficient with spreadsheets, standard office automation applications and relational database structures.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics or other complex accounting systems a plus
- Proficient with loan administration software platforms, CSH’s current system is The Exceptional Assistant (TEA) by Common Goals.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse communities.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer