Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create 300,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Loan Administrator to work with our Finance team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented, equity focused Loan Administrator who has a passion for the CSH mission and the proven ability to work well both independently and within a multi-disciplinary team. Reporting directly to the Loan Portfolio Manager, the Loan Administrator will be responsible for developing analyses, and transactional and portfolio reporting while also performing the day-to-day activities related to closing loans. This position is located in CSH’s New York office.
What you will do:
Loan Administration and Closing
- Understand loan structure, loan documentation and effectively monitor the loan servicing portfolio.
- Create and maintain hard copy loan files
- Prepare for funding and onboarding new loans including renewals, extensions and restructures.
- Follow up with Borrowers and Community Investment on auto-extensions and extensions.
- Collect, review and analyze project updates.
- Complete and distribute Audit Confirmations related to the Loan Portfolio.
- Work with internal partners (lenders, legal team and finance staff) to proactively address compliance issues, address required modifications a loan or grants terms and conditions and resolve issues that arise during the course of loan administration and closings.
- Assist with loan and portfolio reporting, including regular status reports.
- Prepare and ensure timely reporting to investors, the CDFI fund and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Support and collaborate with Fund Development, Community Investment Team, Executive Staff and other internal stakeholders on preparing and analyzing reports as needed.
Financial Analysis and Management
- Provide necessary schedules and information to maintain accuracy of information in the general ledger regarding above activities.
- Other duties or special projects as directed by the Loan Portfolio Manager.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- 3-5 years of experience in loans or accounts receivable management and administration highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or economics highly desirable.
- Analytical, with an ability to identify and resolve problems.
- Ability to capture, synthesize and present information in report form.
- Ability to meet the needs of internal and external customers by delivering high quality service.
- Experience with reporting utilizing multiple databases, statistics and experience using a range of quantitatively-based analytical methods.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Proficient with spreadsheets, standard office automation applications and relational database structures.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics or other complex accounting systems a plus
- Proficient with loan administration software platforms, preferably The Exceptional Assistant (TEA)
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse communities.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer