Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create 300,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Senior Program Manager to work with our team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to advance our work. You will work county-wide to expand housing and services solutions for vulnerable populations such as high users of health care, justice systems, transioning youth or child welfare involved families. Strong project management skills and an understanding of the nature of working with fee-for-service contracts are a must, as is the ability to manage workload and project deliverables within a specific time frame and budget. If you demonstrate these skills and have experience with housing and service models for vulnerable populations, CSH needs you.
What you will do:
- Support Orange County in maximizing supportive housing creation, and in particular, the State’s No Place Like Home program.
- Manage a high quality pipeline of supportive housing in Orange County by aligning resources and facilitating developer/operator coordination through development, lease-up, and operations.
- Support efforts in Orange County and San Diego County to create a multi-sector approach to serving vulnerable populations, with a strong understanding of the Mental Health Services Act.
- Deliver in-person and virtual technical assistance, trainings and/or webinars on technical aspects of supportive housing, such as financing, operations, and/or service delivery.
- Act as a project manager for contracts and/or grants, ensuring clearly defined team roles, on-time and on-budget deliverables, and delivery of quality products. CSH expects project managers to foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high quality performance.
- Provide system transformation technical assistance, analysis, and support to healthcare and government partnerships working to coordinate with homeless, criminal justice, family and youth, veterans, and supportive housing providers.
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships and partnerships with key funders, community stakeholders, particularly with staff from city and state agencies, housing authorities, the Continuum of Care, managed care organizations, community-based supportive housing providers and housing developers who are the recipients of CSH technical assistance.
- Participate on and contribute to project teams as assigned. Tasks may include the coordination of and participation in technical abstinence visits; drafting reports, policy guidance, fund development, and other documents and resources; and training design, development, delivery, and evaluation- as well as supporting staff engaged in such activities.
- Develop project budgets and support team budgets, working closely with the San Diego Director and CSH finance team.
- Represent CSH effectively at external events, ensuring CSH’s interest and reputation are maintained.
- Participate in regional planning and operations discussions and activities.
- Frequent local travel and occasional national travel required.
- Perform any other related duties or special projects locally, or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned by the supervisor.
Where you will work:
This position can be based in a home office or co-work location in Orange County or at the CSH San Diego Office.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of supportive housing, affordable housing, healthcare, community development and/or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may substitute for education.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, including basic business writing skills, ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
- Previous project management experience with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage project teams, project budgets and deadlines with moderate supervision.
- Knowledge and experience in providing technical assistance/consulting services to diverse stakeholders including government, and experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations including chronically homeless.
- Experience with colleagues and external audiences and partners in the areas of public policy, systems change, housing development/operations, and/or the delivery of supportive services.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse communities.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer