Who we are:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking two interns to provide key support related to the Supportive Housing Institute; specifically in the areas of facilitating or co-facilitating trainings, updating materials and building new learning materials on the subject of race equity as well as providing overall feedback on the Institute. The Institute is an intensive nine-day training that guides teams of service providers, developers and property managers to deliver quality supportive housing.
Location: 800 South Figueroa, Suite 810, Los Angeles, CA
Time Commitment: 6 hours per week for a total of 24 hours per month from July 2019 to February 2020.
Compensation: $25 per hour
What you will do:
- Advise and co-create race equity training content and assist in testing it at the Institute
- Facilitate or co-facilitate Institute sessions
- Facilitate training to support peers with lived experience so that they may feel confident and prepared to train Institute participants
- Act as a liaison with CSH’s Tenant Knowledge Exchange (TKE)
- Attend Institute and meet with the Institute planning team to review the current Institute training
- Provide feedback on the Institute experience and materials
- Light assistance with Institute logistics (helping with name tags, sign-in sheets, warm up games).
How we work:
The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- Lived Experience of homelessness
- Experience working in the homeless services sector or with Speak UP! or other advocacy training targeting individuals with lived experience of homelessness
- Basic understanding of storytelling/narrative development as a tool for empowerment and advocacy
- Experience being a part of and working with racially diverse people and communities
- Demonstrated commitment to homelessness advocacy and inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of partners and agencies
- Familiarity with Los Angeles Housing and Homelessness Systems
- Ability to practice cultural humility and an interest in serving as a role model in the communities we serve
- CSH encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities CSH serves.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer