CSH is seeking a skilled program coordinator for our signature Speak Up! Community Advocates initiative. Speak Up! supports individuals with lived experience of homelessness to build storytelling and leadership skills in service of advocating for themselves and their communities. Now in its 6th year, the Speak Up! Initiative has become a touchstone in Los Angeles’ community efforts to end homelessness. Virtually every segment of homeless services sector recognizes and leverages the Speak Up! Program’s leadership in elevating the participation of those most impacted by the sector’s work.
This is a 5 month contracted position to provide key administrative, logistical, and programmatic support related to the Speak UP! and Tenant Knowledge Exchange (TKE) (Speak Up! Alumni) programs.
Coordination and follow up support for two LA Speak Up! Cohorts including recruitment, volunteer coach and facilitator scheduling, and management of offsite advocacy engagements.
Tracking and reporting on monthly engagements, expenses, and program metrics.
In coordination with the Senior Program Manager –
- Support an atmosphere of community, consistency and open communication.
- Coordinate and support workshop facilitation including scheduling and agenda development.
- Act as liaison with participants and volunteers ensuring appropriate supports are available and implemented per Speak Up! Program standards.
- Coordinate, track and ensure completion of supporting documentation for workshop trainings, advisory and alumni meetings, individual coaching sessions, and other program activities including outside speaking engagements and legislative visits.
- Develop and sustain working relationships with community partners.
- Coordinate outreach, recruitment, scheduling, and interviews of new participants and volunteer coaches.
- Create and formalize mechanisms to streamline reporting, tracking and system evaluations.
- Serve as point person for participants, volunteer coaches and partner organizations.
- Ensure advocate support for all activities per standards of Speak Up! Program.
An amount not to exceed $17,000 (anticipated approx. 35 hrs. per week) is available for this contracted position.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements
To apply for this opportunity email Ann English at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 30, 2019.
Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria
- Demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and focus.
- Fluency with software office tools - excel and word, as well as familiarity with google docs, and social media platforms highly valued.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and follow through on multiple projects effectively.
- Sense of humor, flexibility, and ability to work well with others. Experience with volunteer management and diverse populations.
- Passion and commitment to social justice and individual empowerment.
- Direct service experience in housing and homelessness sector or other vulnerable population is highly desirable.
- Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services.
- Special consideration will be given to small, disadvantaged, minority or women-owned businesses and those with lived experience of homelessness.
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers' compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments or other preclusions on doing business with (either directly or indirectly) with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract