CSH is pleased to post an announcement for the new position of Equity, Inclusion and Diversity Director (National). This position is a two year fellowship at the Director level designed to assist CSH to develop and implement our equity agenda. CSH anticipates that at the end of two years, the person selected for this position will make recommendations regarding the permanent placement of an equity-focused leader within the organization.
Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking a creative, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to advance our work. CSH’s commitment to racial equity is firm and fixed, yet our efforts are fluid and evolving. This newly created position will help CSH engineer, lead and support CSH’s efforts to define and develop action plans, resources and level-setting information to guide our work into the future. CSH’s work and this role will be supported by Senior Leadership, Internal Work Group Members, the Human Resources Team, the entire CSH staff and the Board of Directors and external consultants.
A keen understanding and experience working in the area of racial equity, diversity, and inclusion is a must, as is the desire to engage, respond, listen and lead. This position will report to the Senior Policy Advisor with informal supervision by the Chief Executive Officer.
Where you will work:
This job will be based in New York or Washington, D.C with frequent travel (apx 20%).
What you will do:
- Strategic Vision: Crafts, in conjunction with key internal and consultant partners, the strategic vision for CSH’s internal and external equity work, using the Strategic Plan and best practices as a guide.
- Thought Leadership: Recognized as a thought leader with a strong entrepreneurial orientation. The ability to innovate and demonstrate agility and adaptability is essential, as is the ability to quickly digest and understand new concepts. Represents leadership across multiple programmatic, geographic and/or initiative areas. Stays current on equity and diversity practices and efforts in the field through training and partnerships with other national organizations or collaborative efforts.
- Business Development: Identifies new funding and contracting opportunities, leveraging and stewarding existing relationships and continuous innovation. Ability to pursue many funding streams simultaneously with a blend of contracts and grants.
- Project Management: Accountable for tracking multiple internal and external projects. Ensure projects are completed on-time, deliverables are met and client/funder rates CSH’s work as high performance and high quality.
- Program Design: Independently design and execute multi-faceted programs that include staffing, budget, policy, programmatic, product and outcome considerations.
- Program Execution: Accountable for national equity-related outcomes and program deliverables; achieving goals on-time and on-budget; integration of programs with internal teams and external partners; quality products and deliverables. Assist with the development of policies and programs to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce for the organization. In coordination with external partners, develops and implements equity training to educate employees and managers.
- Systems Change: Lead systems change strategy across multiple programs or geographies, and within CSH. Plan and execute near and long term strategy, build and participate in coalitions, and be accountable to achieve new public investments in supportive housing and maintain existing public investments.
- Political Acumen: Mastery of navigating political environment, managing through multiple stakeholders and competing interests.
- Technical Assistance and Knowledge: Master knowledge over multiple populations and sectors, including multiple housing models, financing systems and system delivery approaches.
- Financial Management: Significant budgetary responsibility and management, ability to understand and track financials including troubleshooting and collaborating with finance to creatively identify solutions.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- 7+ years of professional experience, preferably in the fields of racial equity, supportive housing, social services, policy analysis and policy reform.
- College degree or equivalent. Experience may substitute for education.
- Demonstrated leadership, management skills and the high-level decision-making necessary to advance and realize CSH’s vision and further enhance the organization’s reputation in the communities that it serves.
- Demonstrated ability to provide and to organize, plan and administer large programs.
- Previous project management experience with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage to deliverables, budgets and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Strong analytical strategic thinking, advocacy, and presentation skills.
- Command and demonstrated proficiency using Windows-based applications and other technology solutions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer