Who we are:
For over 25 years CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions; and
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps.
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Senior Program Manager to work with our team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to advance our work. You will work state-wide to expand housing and services solutions for vulnerable populations such as high users of health care, justice systems, transioning youth or child welfare involved families. Strong project management skills and an understanding of the nature of working with fee-for-service contracts are a must, as is the ability to manage workload and project deliverables within a specific time frame. We are seeking people who have experience implementing demonstration projects, bringing demonstration projects to scale, building cross sector collaboration, and who possess a comfortability with data analysis and systems change efforts. You will work for the Eastern Region Managing Director and in close collaboration with other CSH staff in Florida and the region.
What you will do:
- Support efforts in Florida to create a multi-sector approach to serving vulnerable populations.
- Lead efforts to create linkages and develop new services funding and payment strategies that expand supportive housing across multiple sectors including child welfare, criminal justice, healthcare and housing.
- Act as project manager for contracts and/or grants, ensuring clearly defined team roles, on time and on-budget deliverables, and delivery of quality products.
- Identify and disseminate supportive housing models that reflect best practices and innovative approaches to services delivery in supportive housing.
- Delivery of in-person and virtual technical assistance work with communities to build capacity, implement new models, and provide strategies to support the creation of supportive housing.
- Cultivate new relationships and funding opportunities including fielding and responding to external requests for resources and support. Participate in team fund development activities.
- Provide training, facilitation and coalition-building to diverse stakeholders, including: key funders, community stakeholders, staff from city, county and state agencies, the Continuum of Care, managed care organizations, other health systems, criminal justice systems, community-based supportive housing providers and non-profit and for-profit housing developers and other partners who are the recipients of CSH technical assistance.
- Attention to the impacts of policies and systems on multiple communities, including communities of color.
- Support and assist the Eastern Region Managing Director to identify key emerging public policy issues and participate in the development of a policy agenda to engage key external partners in advancing this agenda, which requires strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Frequent travel throughout Florida as well as travel regionally or nationally is required.
- Perform any other related duties or special projects locally, or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned by the supervisor.
Where you will work:
This job is part of the Eastern Region and will be based in Florida. Preference will be given to candidates living near a major HUB airport.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of supportive housing, affordable housing, healthcare, community development and/or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may substitute for education.
- Experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, including communities of color, in the consideration of impacts and outcomes of a decision-making process.
- An understanding of the concepts of institutional and structural racism and bias and their impact on underserved and underrepresented communities is preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain high quality relationships with varied stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, including basic business writing skills, ability to facilitate and train, be an active listener, ability to represent CSH externally and internally.
- Previous project management experience with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage project teams, project budgets and deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in providing technical assistance/consulting services to diverse stakeholders including government, and experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations, including chronically homeless.
- Experience with colleagues and external audiences and partners in the areas of public policy, systems change, housing development/operations, and/or the delivery of supportive services.
- Talent to take initiative to implement projects and pursue goals with moderate supervision.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present to diverse audiences, specifically racially, ethnically and socially diverse communities.
- Travel throughout Florida is required. Additional, regional or national travel will likely be requested depending on assignments; anticipate regional and national travel 4 -6 times per year.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.
CSH is proud that it has been and always will be an Equal Opportunity Employer