Who we are:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
- Changing the trajectory of lives away from poverty and despair, and toward independence and economic sufficiency.
Why we need you:
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals, families and communities, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Junior Budget and Financial Reporting Analyst.
Under the direction of the Lead Budget and Financial Reporting Analyst the staff person will have the following responsibilities:
What you will do:
Project Budgets and Time/Project Management
- Sets up initial project specifications in Dynamics Project Management system for assigned grants and contracts
- Reviews new project budgets and approved project modifications and inputs into Dynamics Project Management system
- Assists project managers with the monitoring and tracking of project budgets against actual expenses
- Reviews monthly project financial statements with Project Managers; identifies any nonconformities with spending plan or scope of work
Operating budget for assigned grants and contracts
- In coordination with other members of the Finance Department, provides fiscal planning, budget development and analytical support to the entire organization
- Reviews proposed budgets submitted by Managing Directors and Program Directors and recommend modifications and/or changes if necessary; implement and manage budgets
- Formats and updates budget spreadsheets for assigned grants and contracts
- Reviews annual budget assumptions with Project Managers, Directors and Managing Directors
- Monitors, prepares and reconciles inter-organizational transfer of funds against approved budgets
- Provides user support/troubleshooting for the project management system
- Maintains database for assigned projects and users
- Assists Managing Directors and Program Directors with fiscal management by implementing and maintaining systems and procedures to manage, allocate and monitor funding resources consistent with the annual budget, program priorities, and funder requirements for the grants and contracts of the state offices.
- Communicates grant and contract requirements to management and program staff to monitor project activity and ensure that expenditures and time are charged correctly and in accordance with approved budgets.
- Prepares grant and contract reports for funders.
- Invoices CSH clients and grantors for all work performed under contract or paid through grants.
- Manages deferred revenue general ledger account.
- Records all grant and contract related revenue into the general ledger on a monthly basis.
- Manages unbilled revenue and accounts receivable accounts.
- Conducts the monthly closeout procedure for non-renewal of assigned grants and contracts.
- Coordinates the budgeting process with Analysts and Project Managers.
- Manages high level budget transactions such as inter-location revenue transfers and salary expense roll-up.
- Reviews financial results of projects on a monthly basis, including budget monitoring
- Performs analytical procedures on a project level to ensure the proper recording of revenue, expenses, accrued revenue and deferred revenue.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- 1+ years’ experience budgeting, grant reporting and contract billing for a mid-size non-profit that receives federal awards
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation, and written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and simply and ability to think critically and strategically.
- Strong sense of ownership for assigned work functions and ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite, familiarity creating report queries
- Sound business ethics, including the protection of proprietary information.
- Knowledge of project management systems and/or Microsoft Dynamics a plus.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.