Who we are:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
Not only has CSH proven supportive housing works and changes the lives of individuals facing acute disabilities, complex medical and mental conditions, substance use disorders and economic barriers, we have done so while creating a family of nationally recognized experts who stay committed to our organization and mission throughout their careers. We attract talented professionals, offer competitive salaries with benefits, generous family leave and PTO, and fully embrace the philosophy that a sustainable work-life balance is desirable and achievable. With the aim of attracting good people who possess the confidence and drive to get the job done, CSH is now accepting applications for a Senior Program Manager to work with our Metro Team.
Why we need you:
CSH is seeking an enthusiastic, results-oriented individual who has a passion for the CSH mission and possesses the leadership and management skills necessary to advance our work. You should have project management skills and understand the nature of working with fee-for-service contracts and be able to manage workload and project deliverables within a specific time frame. You will deliver technical assistance through consulting contracts to support our local offices and work in areas where CSH does not have an office presence. Projects focus on engaging systems and communities, aligning resources to create new supportive housing, and ensuring quality services and operations.
CSH is seeking a professional strong in project management, setting priorities and who works well independently within a multi-disciplinary team environment. If you demonstrate these skills and have experience with housing and service models for vulnerable populations, CSH needs you.
The Metro Team consists of five staff within CSH’s Eastern Region and consists of PA, NJ and NY. Reporting to the Metro Team Director, the Senior Program Manager may work remotely in the region or may work out of our office in Manhattan.
What you will do:
- Deliver in-person and virtual technical assistance; trainings and/or webinars on technical aspects of supportive housing, such as financing, operations, and/or service delivery.
- Act as project manager for contracts and/or grants, ensuring clearly defined team roles, on time and on-budget deliverables, and delivery of quality products. CSH expects project managers to foster a work environment based on quality teamwork, mutual accountability, and high quality performance.
- Provide system transformation technical assistance, analysis, and support to healthcare and government partnerships working to coordinate with homeless, criminal justice, family and youth, veterans, and supportive housing providers.
- Establish and maintain high quality relationships and partnerships with key funders, community stakeholders, particularly with staff from city and state agencies, the Continuum of Care, managed care organizations, community-based supportive housing providers and non-profit and for-profit housing developers who are the recipients of CSH technical assistance.
- Participate on and contribute to project teams as assigned. Tasks may include the coordination of and participation in technical assistance visits; drafting reports, policy guidance, fund development, and other documents and resources; and training design, development, delivery, and evaluation – as well as supporting staff engaged in such activities.
- Support budget development and monitoring, working closely with the Metro Team Director and CSH finance team.
- Represent CSH effectively at external events, ensuring CSH’s interests and reputation are maintained.
- Participate in regional planning and operations discussions and activities.
- Frequent travel in the tristate region, as well as occasional national travel as required.
- Perform any other related duties or special projects locally, or in collaboration with regional and national teams as assigned by the supervisor.
How we work:
All CSH staff share a common competency framework. These guide our approach and in turn, help us create value. CSH staff are adaptable, entrepreneurial, creative, flexible, and problem solvers. We are strategic thinkers with a sense of humor, persistence, and a commitment to treating others with respect.
- 5+ years of experience working in the field of supportive housing, affordable housing, healthcare, and/or community development.
- Bachelor’s degree; equivalent experience may substitute for education.
- Previous project management experience with demonstrated leadership and organizational skills and the ability to manage project teams, project budgets and deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience in providing technical assistance/consulting services to diverse stakeholders including government, and experience and familiarity with permanent housing and services models for vulnerable populations including chronically homeless.
- Experience with colleagues and external audiences and partners in the areas of public policy, systems change, housing development/operations, and/or the delivery of supportive services.
- Talent to take initiative to implement projects and pursue goals with moderate supervision.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, presentation and written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing and able to travel at least 20% of the month, although travel schedule will vary based on assignments.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.