Who we are:
For over 25 years, CSH has been a game-changer for the most vulnerable people in our country:
- Helping communities create 200,000 homes for individuals and families who did not have one;
- Bringing hope to thousands who thought they would live on the streets or reside in institutions forever;
- Ensuring not only a stable home for each, but access to the services that brought healthcare, recovery and training to their doorsteps;
Why we need you:
CSH’s Metro Program Internship is a tremendous opportunity to gain experience in the supportive housing field through active participation in day-to-day activities as well as involvement in special projects, as needed. The Metro Program Team covers New York, New Jersey and Pennsylvania and some travel will be required. A candidate for this role should demonstrate his/her ability to learn and develop professionally within a team environment.
Location: 61 Broadway, Suite 2300, New York, NY
Time Commitment: Minimum of 14 hours per week for 12 weeks from September through December 2018
Compensation: $15 per hour
What you will do:
Under the supervision on the Director of the Metro Program Team, the intern will participate in a number of projects related to the team including:
- Conduct research and/or data analysis for Metro Program staff on specific projects;
- Prepare training materials and exercises, including revising and updating PowerPoint and other materials;
- Assist with preparation and day-of logistics for events and conferences;
- Work collaboratively with the program staff and Communications team to prepare and distribute media alerts, blogs and other social media;
- Special projects that will be clearly defined with clear goals and deliverables to be accomplished within internship period.
Do you have:
The successful candidate will be adaptable, entrepreneurial, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and a problem solver. Her/his work will be driven by strategic thinking and executed with creativity and efficiency. She/he will demonstrate patience and a commitment to treating others with respect.
Candidates for this internship must meet the following qualifications:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Interest in learning about supportive housing
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management
- Excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate good judgment and attention to detail
- Event coordination experience preferred
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite preferred.
Interested in joining our team as a leader in the national supportive housing movement?
To Apply: Candidates should apply by clicking on the link below. All candidates should attach their Resume, Cover Letter and Salary Expectations as one Microsoft Word or PDF document.