- Search for and engage households who have been assessed and received a housing match through CES;
- Provide support to households in meeting housing provider requirements, inclusive of attending housing intake meetings, attainment of homelessness and/or disability documentation; and,
- Provide feedback to CES lead entities regarding the process of housing vulnerable households and system improvements that should be addressed.
Deliverable 1: Provide system navigation activities to households experiencing homelessness with a housing match. These households will either be facing chronic homelessness, have at least one child as part of the family, or both, including Veterans.
Deliverable 2: Participate in system integration team meetings and work collaboratively with initiative partners.
Deliverable 3: Maintain and report data on through HMIS on system navigation activities.
Deliverable 4: Complete standardized housing assessments when needed.
A total of $326,209 is available for Housing System Navigation for one year contracts. Agencies may include expenses for travel, equipment, and direct client support. Subcontractors will bill CSH at an hourly rate, not to exceed $125/hour. No increment above cost can be included in the hourly rate provided to CSH and the hourly rate must be consistent with the best (lowest) customary rate that has been negotiated with other clients. Selected subcontractors will be required to provide evidence of past compensation consistent with the rate provided to CSH.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements
- Agencies will need the capacity to enter and receive information from Chicago’s Homeless Management Information System (HMIS). Training to selected agencies will be provided.
- No more than three agencies will be selected.
- Housing System Navigation projects may be subject to annual or bi-annual appropriation
- Agency compliance certification and proposal submission requirements
Please submit a minimum of two-page and no more than five page application outlining the information below. The application will be due by 12/26 at 5:00 PM CST. Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work
- Relevant project work
- Experience and expertise
- Years of relevant experience
- Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers' compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract.