CSH is seeking a sub-contractor(s) to provide technical assistance (TA) under the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP), funded by United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (HUD) Office of Special Needs Assistance Programs (OSNAP).
YHDP was established to reduce the number of youth experiencing homelessness. This subcontracting opportunity is aimed at incorporating the perspectives and insights of youth with lived experience of homelessness to develop informed policy and practice for achieving the YHDP mission.
Sub-contractor(s) are responsible for the identification and engagement of youth participants with the following qualifications and specialized expertise:
- recent, lived experience of homelessness;
- experience working with local or national partners on policies and practice efforts to end youth homelessness.
Subcontractors are responsible for helping CSH coordinate the incorporation of youth participants’ insights into YHDP TA to further HUD efforts around: development and implementation of a youth collaboration team; identification of special populations and their needs; and community YHDP assessments and improvements.
This subcontract opportunity is for at least one year, commencing June 30, 2017, with the potential to go through May 31, 2019.
The subcontractor’s work will mainly comprise of the following:
- Direct TA: Subcontractor(s) will support youth participants as they work with participating YHDP communities to develop and implement interventions that will accelerate the end of youth homelessness. Direct TA will be conducted on-site at participating YHDP locations and convenings, and remotely via e-mail and phone.
- Coordination: Subcontractor(s) are responsible for identifying, and coordinating youth participants with YHDP TA providers and communities. Coordination also includes planning travel, logistics, and fair compensation for youth participants on all TA engagements. Coordination will mainly occur via e-mail and phone, but can involve on-site work.
- Reporting: Subcontractor(s) are responsible for complying with all Federal and CSH reporting requirements on this agreement.
Milestones and Deliverables:
Deliverable 1: Subcontractor(s) will ensure youth are involved in direct technical assistance for up to 10 individual communities.
Deliverable 2: Monthly reporting
An amount not to exceed $400,000 is available for this project.
In order to be considered for this subcontracting opportunity, full completion and submission of the forms below are required by July 11, 2017.
You may apply as an individual subcontractor or as an organization, including up to 25 staff members in the application. The following forms are included:
- Attachment A: Commitment Letter (applying as: individual/ organization)
- Attachment B: Subcontractor Application (applying as individual/ organization)
- Attachment C: Staff Experience and Expertise (applying as: individual/ organization)
- Attachment D: Financial Management & Administrative Requirements
- Attachment E: Experience Template
Please submit: all completed forms, your resume (or resumes for all staff members listed on Attachment C), and a 2-paragraph description of your core competencies and accomplishments (or applying organization’s competencies) to Jennifer Yang at email@example.com by July 11, 2017.
All of the application information and forms must be submitted fully completed for consideration.
CSH will evaluate applications utilizing the following criteria and will select the highest-scoring valid proposal:
- Demonstrated successful performance of substantially similar work (up to 20 points);
- Relevant project work (up to 20 points);
- Experience and expertise (up to 20 points);
- Years of relevant experience (up to 20 points); and
- Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services (up to 20 points).
We will contact you regarding the determination of adding you as a CSH subcontractor. Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers' compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org.