Create a Community-Based Team and Develop Strategies for Service-Enriched Housing for Persons with Disabilities and Aging Texans
CSH, in partnership with the Texas Department of Housing and Community Affairs (TDHCA), will provide training and technical assistance to community teams across Texas to help develop comprehensive plans for improving the quantity and quality of affordable, accessible, integrated housing and supportive services for people with disabilities and older Texans, and prepare communities to address the housing needs of this population. Outcomes will guide future technical assistance based on the planning process during the Academy. Each team will participate in a follow-up needs assessment that will guide and customize technical assistance for each community plan.
Selected teams will participate in:
- Two pre-academy webinars, scheduled for December 2015 to develop a Local Housing and Services Guide as well as baseline housing and services knowledge to prepare for the workshop;
- A 1.5 day Academy workshop scheduled for Feb. 2016 in Austin;
- Development of Community Strategic Action Plan and Goals.
Selected teams will receive:
- A Housing and Services Resource Guide;
- Follow-up, targeted technical assistance; and
- Strategies to build partnerships between housing and services to build capacity to develop service enriched housing.