Subcontracting Opportunity: Supportive Housing Community Advocates Project Peer Support in Los Angeles, CA
CSH is seeking a subcontractor to provide key support related to the Supportive Housing Community Advocates program. The subcontractor will provide coordination, administrative, and logistical support for Speak UP! and for Tenant Knowledge Exchange (TKE) programs and should be available for approximately 40 hours per month, for 5 months.
- Coordination and logistical support for extracurricular Speak Up! activities, including interfacing with partner agencies, matching advocates to speaking and engagement opportunities and supporting advocates by arranging transportation, stipends, prep coaching sessions, and follow ups.
- Program Development and Advocate Support
In consultation with Program Manager, and alumni TKE members, assist in development of advocate support system. Create procedures to ensure advocates are regularly engaged and continue to participate in advocacy opportunities.
- Community Outreach
In consultation with Program Manager generate new opportunities for advocate outreach / engagement / education to advance range and reach of advocates’ message.
- Event Support/ Facilitation
Support monthly speaking engagements, through fielding communications, arranging for/providing media support, liaising with communications partners and cataloguing all advocate activities and collateral information.
Expected Outcomes, Milestones, and Deliverables:
Deliverable 1: Create system to track and support Speak UP! activities.
Deliverable 2: Implement tracking system and deliver reports monthly along with recommendations for improving process and fostering greater public engagement.
An amount not to exceed $5,000 is available for this project.
Application Process and Vendor Requirements:
To apply for this opportunity email Ann English at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before January 10, 2017. Applications received before the deadline will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Lived Experience of homelessness
- Experience with Speak UP! or other advocacy training targeting individuals with lived experience of homelessness
- Basic understanding of storytelling/narrative development as a tool for Empowerment and Advocacy.
- Demonstrated commitment to Homelessness Advocacy and Inclusion
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of partners and agencies
- Familiarity with Los Angeles Housing and Homelessness Systems.
- Ability to practice cultural competency and serve as a role model in community.
- Rate reasonableness and overall cost of services
- Special consideration will be given to small, advantaged, minority or women-owned businesses
Please note that CSH requires subcontractors, including individuals and sole proprietors, to carry workers' compensation insurance while performing work under a CSH subcontract. CSH subcontractors cannot have existing, pending or expired debarments that preclude them from doing business with the United States government and cannot have convictions for, nor have any pending indictments for, fraud or a criminal offense in connection with a public contract or subcontract.