Subcontracting Advertisement for Training/Technical Assistance Assignment in San Francisco under CSH’s TA Contract with Public Agency
The supportive housing project is a 52-unit supportive housing site for formerly homeless individuals with special needs, many of whom have transitioned from the shelter and who are monolingual Spanish-speaking immigrants with limited access to other subsidized housing opportunities in San Francisco. A nonprofit organization operates the project in partnership with another nonprofit organization, and the project provides onsite clinical and case management services, daily meal service, and community building support to its residents. The site is part of San Francisco’s portfolio of supportive housing.
In recent months, the supportive housing community has experienced several staff transitions with the onsite Program Manager stepping down from the position. The nonprofit that oversees property management has hired a new Program Manager, as well as a new Director of Programs.
Scope of Work
Under CSH’s Technical Assistance Contract with public agency, we propose to support the ongoing operations of the supportive housing project by providing training and technical assistance support to the staff of two nonprofit organizations, including the following activities:
- Leadership Team Discussion. CSH and/or subcontractor staff with experience in coordinating property management and supportive services staff will facilitate an in-person discussion with property management staff from one nonprofit organization and supportive services staff from another nonprofit organization re: the following key issues to help build trust and cohesiveness among the onsite team members:
- What is working/What needs refining?
- Meeting structure
- Team building
- Ad Hoc Consultation Support. CSH and/or subcontractor staff will provide consulting support to two nonprofit organization staff re: strengthening property management and supportive services coordination to serve tenant population in high quality supportive housing.
- Resources/Training Support. CSH staff will support the two nonprofit organizations’ efforts to identify additional training and technical assistance support for the onsite staff at the supportive housing project. CSH staff will share the following informational resources re: training and technical assistance support:
- Orientation/Introductory Material re: Supportive Housing Operations
- Facilitated Discussion re: Roles & Responsibilities with Property Management and Services Staff
- Available Training Support through CSH’s On-Line Training Center
These activities may be expanded to provide additional training and technical assistance to this supportive housing project and other supportive housing projects experiencing similar operational issues.
Deliverables/Level of Effort
The estimated subcontractor staff commitment for providing the Leadership Team Discussion and Ad Hoc Consultation Support described in the Scope of Work shall be an estimated 32 subcontractor hours, with an estimated 7 staff hours from CSH to provide information re: Resources/Training Support to the onsite staff of the supportive housing project.
If the scope of work is expanded to provide additional training and technical assistance to this supportive housing project and other supportive housing projects, CSH will negotiate with the subcontractor to expand the estimated subcontractor hours to reflect these additional activities.
CSH will work with the subcontractor to finalize the goals and objectives, proposed method and approach, and scope of work for the Leadership Team Discussion and the Ad Hoc Consultation Support to the onsite staff. CSH will work with the subcontractor to maintain regular communication by in-person meetings and phone and email with the two nonprofit organizations.
CSH staff and subcontractor staff will develop and deliver the Leadership Team Discussion, Ad Hoc Consultation Support and Resources/Training Support identified in the scope of work. These activities will be completed during the period from January 2017 to April 2017.
If the scope of work is expanded to provide additional training and technical assistance to this supportive housing project and other supportive housing projects, CSH will negotiate with the subcontractor to expand the estimated timeline.
Please submit a subcontractor proposal to provide the training and technical assistance support identified in the scope of work. If you have additional questions regarding this training and technical assistance assignment, please contact:
Steven Shum, Senior Program Manager
369 Pine Street, Suite 350
San Francisco, CA 94104